• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is It worth it?

17 posts in this topic

I recently bought a Superman #204 Signed by Jim Lee. Honestly it's in complete mint condition (my guess a 9.8 or 10) is it worth getting it graded?

gossip.gif If you touched it without gloves, it is not a 10.

Ooops... Just re-read your post. It's signed? So that means someone touched it, so no 10.

Also, best you could hope for is a Qualified Label from CGC as they were not present during the signing.

Ooops... Just re-read your post. It's signed? So that means someone touched it, so no 10.

Also, best you could hope for is a Qualified Label from CGC as they were not present during the signing.

A Dave Simm SS book got a 10.

At least 2 of them did (6 & 7 I think)

There are 728 "blue labels" from CGC (already) for Superman 204.

98.8% of the CGC graded copies are CGC 9.8 or better.

That is not a typo... 98.8% are CGC 9.8, 9.9 or 10.

Adding a "green label" to the mix won't matter one way or another.

The question is... do you want a really nice CGC holder for your book? grin.gif

I think it was 5&7 from what I saw at the store

How can that be? I thought any ink (including creator signature) would make it inelligible for a 10. confused.gif

Shows what I know.

How can that be? I thought any ink (including creator signature) would make it inelligible for a 10. confused.gif

Shows what I know.

Unfortunately, what you don't know could fill the Grand Canyon. frown.gif

I like Jim Lee art and his auto just makes it better besides I would like to hang it on the wall. grin.gif

Well you should just stick it in a Picture frame...if you want cgc 9.8 buy it slabbed already insane.gif

Alex was right: Cerebus #6, #7 & #15 have received 10.0s.

Kev

My mistake.

The 1 on issue 15 may have been covered up a bit and I saw it as 5

thanks for the clarification