• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curt Swan Superman from Action Comics 409

11 posts in this topic

20121022_154318_zpsd112be75.jpg

I found this, which was my Dad's today. I knew we had it, but honestly have no clue on value of it. Just curious if anyone can point me in right direction for that. I am not looking to sell, just curious for sake of my own collection. It's the size of a double page spread so 22 x 34.

Also back then they were pencilled and inked on same page correct? Sorry for all the questions, but don't know a ton about old OA or really any non-Invincible art.

If you want prices, I suggest two places.

comics.ha.com - sign up for an account and you can search their auction archives for pieces by Swan, Aparo, and Williamson. [Your dad had great taste by the way.]

Subscribe to the CAF (www.comicartfans.com) Market Data. It will give you a few months for free, but for a modest amount it will give you years of eBay, Heritage (duplicate of the above), and a few other sources.

You can also check asking prices on various websites. This forum has a list of dealers here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=894229#Post894229.

Dragonberry.com has a list as well.

Hope this helps.

I got a few offers right away that were far beyond what I expected. Dad bought these two books because he thought both were just classic examples of Superman and Batman. It's kind of funny since the first Invincible page I bought was really just because it was a classic posed page, not a splash like Dad got, but the OA market is a lot different than in the 80's.