• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey 2: Totally sucked!

92 posts in this topic

Ze-man, if he was referring to me when he wrote "The thing you are forgetting is..", I didn't forget the movie was geared towards kids. It is rated PG-13 so obviously it is for kids.

So think like a kid then.... and most of the points you make will dissapear..

It is a comic book movie... not an adaptation of "Crime And Punishment".

.. i.e.. ......I saw Star Wars as a young 10 year old kid and was in awe... I see Star Wars now and I cant help but laugh at it a bit.. poke holes in it..... we all change.. but as kids we see things in a different , kinder light

Watch Spidey 2 through a 12 year olds eyes today.. and I bet even a jaded wise to the world kid of today, had a blast with this movie.

Except of course for the slow parts.. which they wont get what those are all about till years later..... when they watch it on re- runs on cable... and then they will say " ahhh.. now I get it"

And in part I guess that is why we all like comic books.. in a small way we all like to feed that inner child we keep at bay during our daily lives.

It is a fun silly movie.. made very welll by todays standards, and I as a 39 year old kid. had a blast.

So is Spidey 2 without fault... nope... I have many things I did not like..

Does Spidey 2 Totally Suck.. I think not

But your argument about all of this went limp as soon as I heard you ask why was Harry so bent on killing Spidey?.. if his dad was impaled by his own devises.

27_laughing.gif... better luck next time TOH..

Better to make your post's before the 6th beer.

Z

I dont want to break it down point by pint. But it wasnt a perfect monie: there were slow points, and unbelievable ones too, like Ocks riverside hideout! And buying all that high tech equipment, and getting it there unnoticed. Nothing lik ethat EVER goes unnoticed in NYC.

But IMO the movie was entertainoing enuff that these silly points dont matter. Its so rare that a film "make perfect sense" or not have any strectches of the imagination, that you must go with whats there. I also hated the slow parts, but understand their purpose...

I dont want to break it down point by pint. But it wasnt a perfect monie: there were slow points, and unbelievable ones too, like Ocks riverside hideout! And buying all that high tech equipment, and getting it there unnoticed. Nothing lik ethat EVER goes unnoticed in NYC.

But IMO the movie was entertainoing enuff that these silly points dont matter. Its so rare that a film "make perfect sense" or not have any strectches of the imagination, that you must go with whats there. I also hated the slow parts, but understand their purpose...

Rare to find a perfect movie, and S2 certainly wasn;t. To me a perfect movie is MALTESE FALCON but even IT has its nits to pick!

For me, I actually did like the slow parts, as I really AM a pre-cinemascope, 30's and 40's film fan where dialogue takes precedence over action and effects. Perhaps that is a contributing factor to my enjoying S2 more than the original.

hey i get it you REALLY DID LIKE SPIDEY 2 bbbbuuuuuttttt all your buds don't.

ssssssooooooo rip away nobody that remembers that much detail on that ssslllllooooowwww

a movie is going home at least not just forgetting what happened, and look at my first post

back to you i am Not someone to rip into someone. i thought you were sssooo over the you had to

be jocking. so rant away i get IT , its ok you can rip away i'm say it all for a laugh.

like Ocks riverside hideout! And buying all that high tech equipment, and getting it there unnoticed. Nothing lik ethat EVER goes unnoticed in NYC.

This was one of the points I had a problem with...

Just like in Sam Rami's movie... "Darkman"... and Doc Oc accident in Spidey 2...both are waaaay to similar for me.. I know it loosely follows the Doc Oc storyline from the comic.

But I felt like I was watching a retread of Darkman.

Both were scientists, both lost everything.. and both had to create a new lab, out of a run down( or burnt up) place.. to act as a new lab... and just like when I watched Darkman.. I could not help but think... ok.. where is the electricity coming from confused-smiley-013.gif.who is paying that bill confused-smiley-013.gif... are there no bums that hang out in that place confused-smiley-013.gif... what was he doing for food confused-smiley-013.gif..did not any boats see light in that place after years of nothing confused-smiley-013.gif..how did he spend his money(gold ) after he stole it confused-smiley-013.gif... does the Quickee Mart take gold coins for slurpees, and hot dogs confused-smiley-013.gif..

But this is the point in a movie where I have to shut off the logical part of my brain, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Z

I think for whatever reason you are trying REAL hard to be disliked by everyone here. I think its working, so congratulations.

As to your points, some are agreeable, but youre really trying too hard with most of them. ANy movie tends to suck proportionately to how good you expect it to be. You seem to blame the marketing for raising your expectations. But you also say you have dislike EVEY recent comic book based movie - - so why the surprise that you didnt like this one???

Heres some advice: dont go to any more comic book movies!!! Trust me, youll be disappointed.

and try posting in a disgruntled movie-goers website. You;ll fit right in. Unless thats not what you really want...??

Huh? "ANy movie tends to suck proportionately to how good you expect it to be." I couldn't disagree more. I had no expectations for Pulp Fiction. I thought Snatch would suck but it turns out, I thoroughly enjoyed them both. Way more than they were ever marketed.

And "But you also say you have dislike EVEY recent comic book based movie". When did I ever use the word EVERY or EVEY? Why do responses on this thread contain lies? Why are individuals attacked so fervently? Why would anyone try real hard to be disliked? Where is the logic in that?

I just don't understand some of your responses. I made the original post simply to vent some frustration over wasting money/time on the movie. Now, many posts later, people are talking about how I dislike Halle Berry. lol. Nice effort folks.

I learned my lesson - Do not post opinions foreheadslap.gif.

Now Im SURE that youre just a Monty Python fan trying to create your very own Argument Clinic here with us!! 27_laughing.gif

YOU listed all the recent comic book movies that you did not like.

YOU stated you dont like Halle Berry.

and as for my statement about expectations affecting enjoyment of a movie, you misunderstood my point - - and then proved it!!! You did not expect much at all from Pulp and Snatch, thereby negating your possible disappointment. So going in with low to no expectations put you in a position to appreciate whatever was there for you to like. So you were happily surprised and entertainmed/

Similarly when a fan waits 2 long years for the sequel to a film they enjoyed a lot, they cant wait to sit there and they expect the MOON--all the coolness of the first film and MORE!!!!! And what film can really deliver or compare against such eager untempered and unrealistic anticipation??. Of course every slow spot, every silly comic book plot development eats away at your excitement, until you come out rushing to scream at ANYONE (especially a group that has by and large loved the film) to tell them how much it sucked BECAUSE of your huuuge disappointment and anger and frustration.

Your time is up. That'll be $150. Please pay the girl up front. insane.gif27_laughing.gif

I think for whatever reason you are trying REAL hard to be disliked by everyone here. I think its working, so congratulations.

As to your points, some are agreeable, but youre really trying too hard with most of them. ANy movie tends to suck proportionately to how good you expect it to be. You seem to blame the marketing for raising your expectations. But you also say you have dislike EVEY recent comic book based movie - - so why the surprise that you didnt like this one???

Heres some advice: dont go to any more comic book movies!!! Trust me, youll be disappointed.

and try posting in a disgruntled movie-goers website. You;ll fit right in. Unless thats not what you really want...??

Huh? "ANy movie tends to suck proportionately to how good you expect it to be." I couldn't disagree more. I had no expectations for Pulp Fiction. I thought Snatch would suck but it turns out, I thoroughly enjoyed them both. Way more than they were ever marketed.

And "But you also say you have dislike EVEY recent comic book based movie". When did I ever use the word EVERY or EVEY? Why do responses on this thread contain lies? Why are individuals attacked so fervently? Why would anyone try real hard to be disliked? Where is the logic in that?

I just don't understand some of your responses. I made the original post simply to vent some frustration over wasting money/time on the movie. Now, many posts later, people are talking about how I dislike Halle Berry. lol. Nice effort folks.

I dont really care about spidey 2. I liked it, you came up with some crazy reasons not to. I was wondering though are you part of hotflips.com? There logo is very close to your avatar...just wondering...I would like to know though...anyone else know?

Hot Flips

Dear insufficiently_thoughtful_person,

Before critiquing someone else's spelling, make sure that you're using THE PROPER WORDS IN YOUR POSTS. Jesus, that first one was an orgy of malapropisms and misappropriations.

If you need further assistance, please, feel free to drop me a PM. thumbsup2.gif

Love,

Khaos