• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Science Fantasy #29

9 posts in this topic

Welcome. A couple of books available.

Usual rules apply:

1) First :takeit: in the thread gets it.

2) No Hall of Shame nor Probation List folks, please.

3) Payment methods: PayPal or postal money order. Payment expected within a week of invoice. Will ship within a week of payment.

4) Shipping: Priority Mail in the US. Outside the U.S. will also be via USPS at exact cost.

Thank you for looking.

First up is Weird Science Fantasy #29. Classic Frazetta cover, last pre-code issue. Last GPA is $160 from May 2012. Asking $150.

wsfcover.jpg

wsflabel.jpg

I think I have a back cover scan but am not sure which image it is in photobucket without having the book in hand (I'm at work - don't tell my boss I'm not working).

The second book is Captain Marvel Jr. #19 from 1944. A one-stapler from WW II. Makes you wonder if this is where the final scene in Dr. Strangelove came from...? The only GPA close is a 3.0 from 2003 at $64. Let's say $85 for this 4.5.

captmarvelcover.jpg

captmarvellabel.jpg

I'll take it.

A no-brainer. Presents very well for the grade.

Looks like it has a spine split mid-spine, which would explain the grade vs eye appeal.

Still, $150 for, arguably, the best atomic age cover? Agreed, no brainer. Not that it was a steal price-wise, I just think the market has it undervalued.

The second book is Captain Marvel Jr. #19 from 1944. A one-stapler from WW II. Makes you wonder if this is where the final scene in Dr. Strangelove came from...? The only GPA close is a 3.0 from 2003 at $64. Let's say $85 for this 4.5.

captmarvelcover.jpg

captmarvellabel.jpg

:takeit:

captmarvelcover.jpg

captmarvellabel.jpg

:takeit:

^^