• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

11 long boxes of comics

17 posts in this topic

$360 for shipping....why don't you try and move them locally?

i tried to move them locally and no takers.. i didnt put media mail cause i dont want issues with the post office if these boxes are gone thru.. i have no issues shipping the way a buyer would like its just they pick up the charges upon doing so..

i just figured with the price as low as it is that someone with an ebay store or anyone wanting a good collection would not be losing out if they had more time then me to sort them and list them online.

I didnt think it would be this hard to move many boxes of book... :P

I totally understand..and I'm not saying $300+ for shipping is unreasonable. I can offer an honest opinion that when I looked at the listing and it said $550 for all 11 boxes, I though "hey..that's not bad" But then I saw the shipping and I was like "woah."

I suspect that may be a reason as to why people aren't interested. Another bit of info...if you can take the time and list out what you have, that certainly would help.

Worst case, find a local show and sell the whole lot to a dealer. The flip side to that coin is you'll get maybe $30 a box?

Your right im sure the shipping does throw people off & the price is based on parcel post not media.

wow to put up a list of everything in these boxes would take a very long time and i do have some boxes that i started to write down what was inside then stopped after a few hours & figured it would be just as good to give a short list of whats inside the boxes as main titles.

Thank you for the advice and much appreciated :)

The shipping just makes it silly, even a little insane for a buyer to bid on this lot. I have moved a few hundred boxes of bulk moderns thru Craigslist ads. Sold them at $25 per long, had buyers pick up, roughly 1/2 the time a buyer will make an appointment but not show. Even so, by far easiest way to move long boxes of moderns.

Of course these boxes are worth way more than $25 each, if you had time and energy you would get way more piecing them out in runs on ebay, or as dollar boxes at shows. But in terms of effortless poofing into history, boxes via CL is hard to beat, at least in my area.

:roflmao:

Have you thought about selling them at $950 with free shipping? Personally, I would try to sell them locally but as single boxes not as one lot. I put up lots of 100 comics or short box for under $20 and I get a taker within a few days. It is an easy way to get rid of comics that I already read and enjoyed. People normally don't give a second thought to spending only $10-40 dollars.

:roflmao:

Have you thought about selling them at $950 with free shipping? Personally, I would try to sell them locally but as single boxes not as one lot. I put up lots of 100 comics or short box for under $20 and I get a taker within a few days. It is an easy way to get rid of comics that I already read and enjoyed. People normally don't give a second thought to spending only $10-40 dollars.

I agree with this. I think you're going to have a tough time selling off all 11 boxes in one lot for around a grand.

If you're willing to invest the time in giving a short list (not necessarily a full list) of what's included, I think Craigslist can be your friend. If you were closer, I'd probably be all over this as it makes great $1 books at a show.

OR here's another idea: do what shadrock did and package together maybe 100 books into a lot and sell them to boadies. You don't have to tell anyone what they're getting, just send them a lot. You can mail media :wishluck: and I, for one, would buy several lots. The pricing is where it becomes tricky. I suspect for what you have, you'd only be able to get maybe $15 a lot?

Just food for thought...