• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel gone insane...

11 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2255686286&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

Over $700.00 and still rising with 5 hours to go for #17 9.8. A 9.8 #14 over $500.00. 9.6 and 9.4 starlin issues commanding well over $100.00, and a #26 9.4 sells for a whopping $300.00+.

It is nice to know that my collection of CM's is now selling at such prices, but I am getting completely priced out of the market for the issues I need to fill and/or upgrade. Any ideas what's fueling these prices?

-Rival

"so dont buy 9.8s right now!! wait a few years and youll get them much cheaper...."

Who is going to sell them to me in a few years at a discount, you? lol! If I had bought them a few years ago at the then supposed "insane prices" I would be rolling in the cash right now. I bought a few early CM 9.8's for right around $100.00 each just 2 years ago. People told me I was nuts, that there were troves of 9.8's out there just waiting to be slabbed. Now I wish I had bought them all. Honestly, buying these issues at these prices may look like a serious bargain 2 years from now, if history is any indication.

-Rival61

"so dont buy 9.8s right now!! wait a few years and youll get them much cheaper...."

Who is going to sell them to me in a few years at a discount, you? lol! If I had bought them a few years ago at the then supposed "insane prices" I would be rolling in the cash right now. I bought a few early CM 9.8's for right around $100.00 each just 2 years ago. People told me I was nuts, that there were troves of 9.8's out there just waiting to be slabbed. Now I wish I had bought them all. Honestly, buying these issues at these prices may look like a serious bargain 2 years from now, if history is any indication.

-Rival61

You never know now do you! Excellent point!

Davidking623

-Rival61

youre right. But there's a limit to such things. In the grand order of comics, do you really think these Capt Marvels are worth thousands to anybody? If you buy them now, do you really think they will continue to increase at this pace? You missed the boat. Happens all the time. But rather tham chase these CMs, figure out the next title to shoot from 100 to 700 and buy them!

-Rival61

youre right. But there's a limit to such things. In the grand order of comics, do you really think these Capt Marvels are worth thousands to anybody? If you buy them now, do you really think they will continue to increase at this pace? You missed the boat. Happens all the time. But rather tham chase these CMs, figure out the next title to shoot from 100 to 700 and buy them!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif