• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

41 posts in this topic

I recall MrChipz has already run a sales thread, and sold books to some members.

yes i have sold over $1000 worth of books already in the past few weeks to members on here if any of them would like to chime in

Looks like you're getting the benefit of the doubt here. Just put up that pic of you with the comic and something with today's date and you'll be good to go. Also, you might want to start a kudos thread for yourself here to gather some good will, then put a link to it in your sig. :)

well dont know why on here but have no problem doing so. one thing i want to point out is that i rarely sell books on here mostly sell to locals and on ebay but i am trying this out. i am not new to collecting at all and have an amazing collection ;)

so for the nail in the coffin here is a pic of a piece of paper i just wrote with my name and todays date the shows the book in a case above my desk along with some other books. hopefully this can be put to rest now and help find a buyer for this book, thank you.

dont know how to add a pic to this specific reply so will do so in the main 1st post.

just did put pic up. thanks like i said i am new here and just learning all this but i will figure out how to do that soon thanks

I recall MrChipz has already run a sales thread, and sold books to some members.

yes i have sold over $1000 worth of books already in the past few weeks to members on here if any of them would like to chime in

Looks like you're getting the benefit of the doubt here. Just put up that pic of you with the comic and something with today's date and you'll be good to go. Also, you might want to start a kudos thread for yourself here to gather some good will, then put a link to it in your sig. :)

thanks man well it is what it is. i actually have owned the book since june which is weird and i got it in trade in a large lot. well even if it did sell for $290 when you add in shipping and buyers fee not to far off from what i want and its an average of the sale between that and the one that sold for $418 on ebay i guess. thanks

Man, I'd be pissed if Click still had my comic up, listed as For Sale. That can only serve to mess with you in situations like this. :foryou:

Ditto. To be fair, I received a book in the mail yesterday that's still listed (twice) on Comicilnk.

It's also still in the registry listed as belonging to Comiclink, despite my tryiing move it to my own registry set well over a week ago.

Good point. With respect to the clink listing: it began 6/13/2011 and the sale could have been anytime after that. Clink is sometimes very slow to remove listings, which can remain long after the deal is done and creates the false impression that something may have been "current" when its ages old.

On one level this shouldn't matter either way. With respect to this or any seller, even if they purchased it yesterday for 290 they have every right to try to sell for more a book that is trending upwards in every grade.

GLWTS

The only reason it'd matter is if it's currently being sold by clink.

That was the only reason I was asking...it's better to be safe than sorry.

Mr chipz good luck man

I'm here now to throw in my support with an offer of assistance to whichever party involved in the thread is viewed with the most sympathy by the cool cliques on the Boards.

There is one on clink that went for 290 that is exactly the same :P
(tsk) Thats rude....

not on this one bro. he is stating that the same exact comic the seller posted from ebay also sold on clink for same price, but seller only told about ebay.

clink sale

Yes it is rude to be a social misfit and carp on sales threads without all info. I have a few avenues to sell books, and before I list here I check over some of the stupidity that goes on here and quickly remember why I don't offer deals often to the masses round these parts (just via pm now and then). And no I've never had a single complaint from a buyer

Calling someone a social misfit seems a trifle rude. lol I think this fellow was just trying to indicate that there was possibly something amiss. Given that the sales thread was started by someone who has joined fairly recently and doesn't have many posts, an alert seems warranted to me, although starting with a PM would probably have been better.

The OP might want to kill this thread by changing the title to CLOSED and start a fresh one.

I'm here now to throw in my support with an offer of assistance to whichever party involved in the thread is viewed with the most sympathy by the cool cliques on the Boards.

I'm not in a clique. Can I sit by you?

He doesn't like anyone sitting by him. It kramps his magnetism that draws hot chicks into the area,

But he realises the English accent is a magnet itself for the American girls. As long as I keep my mouth shut they won't see my teeth.

Hey, thanks for your advice but if i do that how do i know it isnt gonna turn out just like this thread did and have to repeat myself all over again? i have been a member on here for over 6 months and have read the boards for years so im not totally new. i just rarely sell on here because it seems like every time i try this happens and i really would like it just to be easier and not have to jump through all the hoops if you know what i am saying ? any advice will be helpful thank you.

(tsk) Thats rude....

not on this one bro. he is stating that the same exact comic the seller posted from ebay also sold on clink for same price, but seller only told about ebay.

clink sale

Yes it is rude to be a social misfit and carp on sales threads without all info. I have a few avenues to sell books, and before I list here I check over some of the stupidity that goes on here and quickly remember why I don't offer deals often to the masses round these parts (just via pm now and then). And no I've never had a single complaint from a buyer

Calling someone a social misfit seems a trifle rude. lol I think this fellow was just trying to indicate that there was possibly something amiss. Given that the sales thread was started by someone who has joined fairly recently and doesn't have many posts, an alert seems warranted to me, although starting with a PM would probably have been better.

The OP might want to kill this thread by changing the title to CLOSED and start a fresh one.

Hey, thanks for your advice but if i do that how do i know it isnt gonna turn out just like this thread did and have to repeat myself all over again? i have been a member on here for over 6 months and have read the boards for years so im not totally new. i just rarely sell on here because it seems like every time i try this happens and i really would like it just to be easier and not have to jump through all the hoops if you know what i am saying ? any advice will be helpful thank you.
(tsk) Thats rude....

clink sale

It won't happen again. Just copy your first post and start a new thread with it. If you're feeling frisky you can add a link to this thread, as a repository for any krapping folks might feel the need to unleash.

MrChipz: Don’t worry, start a new thread. As Speedy said, it’s been an incident and you’ve been pretty unlucky, but it happens as unfortunately there are a lot of people cheating and behaving dishoneslty so it just happens some other get over-sensitive and think is good to clear out the seller's position in the open, which may lead to displeasant circumstances, but you should feel free to start from scratch. (thumbs u

You'll never fool anybody with your politically correct pandering.

You're just a mean old skeleton that somehow managed to keep his eyes even though all the rest of his flesh rotted away!

9775.jpg