• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great GA for sale, take a look... you won't be disappointed!

28 posts in this topic

Finally letting some of my GA go after being in a buy-only mode. But it’s still very hard to do! I picked out a bigger pile, but just can’t let some of them go and had to put them back. In my unbiased opinion these are all great books. I’ve tried to price them reasonably, in most cases less than it would take for me to replace them.

The usual rules apply, first :takeit: in the thread or PM is going to win, but if I'm working something out behind the scenes, I reserve the right to make a judgement call. No probies/HOS. Shipping via USPS priority box is $12 in the US, I'll cover insurance. Outside the US at actual cost.

If you're not happy, send it back within 7 days. Guaranteed unrestored unless I mention otherwise.

Wings Comics 21 CGC 8.5 OW/W – slam-dunk resub as far as I’m concerned. I can’t figure out why this is only an 8.5. Uncommonly nice paper for a ’42 Fiction House. Great WWII cover. OSPG is $350, I’m asking that.

131376.jpg.22c72c4277837788b708d8e0c5eaa54e.jpg

Crime Does Not Pay 46 – two copies of this surprisingly difficult to find book. When was the last time you saw one available? Heritage has never sold on as far as I can tell. One of “those books” which are highly sought after for its disturbing cover, and routinely fetches multiples of guide.

First copy is low-grade, 1.8 range or so, but presents quite well. Asking $50

Second copy looks really sharp with great colors and near-white paper (OW/W at worst). Small chip off top of spine, about equally distributed to front & back covers, light foxing on spine, mild rust at single staple, and some mild non-color breaking wear keep it from grading as nicely as it presents. Has the look and feel of a high-grade copy. Perfect copy if you want one that presents nicely, but won’t break the bank. Asking $350... and I think that's a steal.

131377.jpg.36e4e39045a9bf4c3884ba86bb9e5e2d.jpg

131378.jpg.a0b8d302a64a0b4ccb8c4369a1c34b94.jpg

Green Hornet 22 – Great Schomburg war cover. Low grade with over half the spine split in some form or fashion. Image presents ok and the interior is rock-solid. $54 in GD guide, a steal at $30 SOLD

Green Hornet 26 – Another cool WWII cover, this time by Jerry Robinson who also drew the GH story inside. Great Zebra story with a maniacal lecherous villain whose tongue is hanging out in blood-lust while he ogles womens’ necks. Also low-grade, but intact & solid. Probably a 1.8 or so. $47 in OSPG, how about $40 SOLD

131380.jpg.923f6c61007fe6bf9adf68b2318d4ece.jpg

131381.jpg.5e35ff922956e918ab8ae5849b49d51e.jpg

Master Comics 25 – One of Raboy’s best efforts (if not his best) on the cover, and the interior is as good as Raboy gets. Light overall wear, light midline crease from top to bottom that only really breaks color at the very top edge. Small-to-medium chip off of the back cover. There are two small, light drops of what I think is probably nail polish (it’s purple and glittery) in the top corner. Colors are brilliant and deep. Paper is OW or C/OW. In order to be conservative I would call this a 4.5 (I bought it as a FN+!) and I’ll ask what I paid -- $600.

131382.jpg.8be00606809638028b91ff0346cc63f4.jpg

131383.jpg.a55cbd2a895a5fe66697aefdaf868093.jpg

If the Devil Would Talk nn (1958) – If I had only found this 20 years ago… For those who don’t know, there’s a 1950 version and a 1958 version. For years, the 1958 version was the rarer of the two, then a small find (70 or so copies) surfaced and it became the more common version. I happened across a small OO stash of 3 copies of this book a while back. All 3 are structurally very nice, but each have their flaws. This one has a little smudging on the right, a little foxing on the left, and some mild rust at the staples which hasn’t migrated to the paper. Overall somewhere in the 7.0 range. I absolutely love these anti-commie books. Asking $250

131385.jpg.4d7f38e280b1fec3cb4afd0be32232e1.jpg

National Comics 31 – Bought from Worldwide as a FN (stealing their scan), which I think is being pretty generous. I’d grade it a VG/VG+. Has a ½ inch tear on the right, light sub crease about half-way down, and really nice OW/W paper with some foxing. Centerfold is cleanly detached, but fits in snugly. Paid $145, how about $90 (OSPG $94 in VG) which seems cheap for a classic Crandall WWII cover.

131386.jpg.8cea9c6ef41427688db04891d185941c.jpg

Fight Comics 35 – VG/F OW – From the More Fun collection, if that means anything to you. Great looking copy with a long crease. Classic topless Bettie Page cover that always gets way over guide. Asking $350SOLD

131387.jpg.e1aefcb99245131d2ad4fe2ffcabcdc3.jpg

Thrilling 46 – FN- (?) OW – Very nice copy with radiant colors & gloss, some light NCB wear overall, but has a dime-sized stain at the bottom of the book that runs all the way through getting progressively smaller as it goes (about half as big on the BC). You can’t really see it on the FC scan, but it’s where the guy’s camera is at the bottom. There’s another to its left that isn’t as deeply penetrating (only a few pages), but about the same size, but very irregular. If I ordered this as a FN- I would be very pleased with the grade, so that’s what I’m calling it. Of course, Schomburg war cover! OSPG in FN is $141, how about $125? SOLD

131388.jpg.2c34c5d91027547fa1eda0c245647b1b.jpg

131389.jpg.08bc791936f98983116cd94dd79a92e9.jpg

Thrilling 46 – FN- (?) OW – Very nice copy with radiant colors & gloss, some light NCB wear overall, but has a dime-sized stain at the bottom of the book that runs all the way through getting progressively smaller as it goes (about half as big on the BC). You can’t really see it on the FC scan, but it’s where the guy’s camera is at the bottom. There’s another to its left that isn’t as deeply penetrating (only a few pages), but about the same size, but very irregular. If I ordered this as a FN- I would be very pleased with the grade, so that’s what I’m calling it. Of course, Schomburg war cover! OSPG in FN is $141, how about $125?

:takeit:

Thrilling 46 – FN- (?) OW – Very nice copy with radiant colors & gloss, some light NCB wear overall, but has a dime-sized stain at the bottom of the book that runs all the way through getting progressively smaller as it goes (about half as big on the BC). You can’t really see it on the FC scan, but it’s where the guy’s camera is at the bottom. There’s another to its left that isn’t as deeply penetrating (only a few pages), but about the same size, but very irregular. If I ordered this as a FN- I would be very pleased with the grade, so that’s what I’m calling it. Of course, Schomburg war cover! OSPG in FN is $141, how about $125?

:takeit:

Sold!

Fight Comics 35 – VG/F OW – From the More Fun collection, if that means anything to you. Great looking copy with a long crease. Classic topless Bettie Page cover that always gets way over guide. Asking $350

take it!

Sold!