• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A BAKER's DOZEN PRETTY MYSTERY IN SPACE

35 posts in this topic

these were all purchased by me at Sid's Lucheonette in Orange, NJ, circa 1962-1964.

What a great store this must have been. cloud9.gif

Thanks once again for posting some of your beautiful books. thumbsup2.gif

Fantastic books! Thanks for sharing them with us. I love the old space sci-fi covers as well, and Adam Strange rules. I have a copy of #75, in close, not but quite as nice, condition as yours. Mine came back a 9.0. with OW/W.

http://www.dcindexes.com/covers/index.htm

check out the link for Mystery in Space 51-75 with the early Adam Strange covers, beginning with #53

man that's a great site!!!!! Thanks for the Link 893applaud-thumb.gif kinda like the proposed Gerber DC volumes would have been like.

i have every issue of MIS from #53 up to the last Adan Strange around 103 or so. the ones from 60 to 74 are very nice but not as nice as the ones i posted. i think #58 might be my all-time favorite - i bought that one second hand at the used book stores down in Newark in the very early sixties......... thumbsup2.gif

Fantastic books! Thanks for sharing them with us. I love the old space sci-fi covers as well, and Adam Strange rules. I have a copy of #75, in close, not but quite as nice, condition as yours. Mine came back a 9.0. with OW/W.

that's an excellent grade on a great old Key DC thumbsup2.gif

I love #58 as well cloud9.gif Care to post your copy? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sure - probably one of the nicest G/VG copies you'll see. (the tears on the right edge and ULC really drag it down, but otherwise still pretty to me grin.gif) it's what you get going through the 7-for-a-quarter stacks back in 1962/63. the book is from march 1960.

1088495131446_myestery_in_space_013.jpg

This is not a title I am that familiar with, but those are just stunning books and it's great to see them. 893applaud-thumb.gif

p.s. Does Sid's Luncheonette still exist ? And more to the point, where did Sid store all the unsold copies from the spinner rack ? gossip.gif

it's pretty amazing to me how many folks aren't familiar with some of the secondary titles of the DC universe in the SA.

Sid has probably left this world by now - when i was working for him selling his papers outside the store on Sunday mornings he had solid grey/white hair. he would probably be about 90+ now. i'm not sure what kind of store is there now - good question. next time i stop down in Orange for our quarterly visit to the Star Tavern for the world's best thin-crust-pizza, i will check it out....... grin.gif

and isn't that cover with the two planets about to collide, awesome????? cloud9.gif

All of those covers and books are awesome. cloud9.gif

thanks FFB and Diva - just hope CGC sees them in a kind light grin.gif

later this week, i'm gonna do some Wonder Woman for Joanna and then follow in the weeks to come with my HG batmans, flashes, etc.......

PS are you coming to SD? hi.gif

Nope. frown.gif

Haven't had a vacation in 6 years, and I probably won't have one for another 5. I have to be available to "man the ship" at all times, since contracts tend to pop up at a moment's notice. Sure it's money, but it dosen't leave me much room for travelling.

893frustrated.gif