• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

120 days posted by latony007

5 posts in this topic

and still counting....

120 days and still counting, my submission hasnt even made it to scheduled after almost 4 months. I have been sending in books for about 2 years and i have to say i think that each submission i have sent in has taken longer than the last. I think it will be up to 6 months turn around soon. That will be even better for CGC since they charge the SECOND they receive your books they can sit and collect interest for 6 months on everyones money. They really need to do something. Their submission for still says 20 days!

See more journals by latony007

What tier did you submit under? Because every tier clear list the current turn around time. I'm guessing modern since you mention 20 days, which is currently at 80 days. And they don't count weekends so you only get about 20 days a month, nor do they count the friday before a major con. So it's currently around 4 months for modern. All of my current submissions have been right on time for the current estimates. I personally don't mind the wait, I try to send something in every couple months so I always have new stuff coming back.

your right, modern. i have actually started doing that myself, sending somethign in every month hoping to start getting something back every month. Its just frustrating that it keeps getting longer and longer. if i did that in my office we would all be fired. Also makes it harder to send in larger orders where your going to be out 700-1000$ for 6 months.

Well today is day number one since received by CGC following this past weekends Austin Wizard World and for good measure just to make sure everything was timed I put in an expired credit card number at the con for 4 separate Signature Series submissions which they quickly called today to have updated:

First X-Men # 1 Neal Adams variant

First X-Men # 1 Neal Adams sketch cover

both signed by Neal Adams

Avengers vs. X-Men # 1 Retailer Launch Variant

Avengers vs. X-Men # 2 Retailer Summit Variant

both signed by Jim Cheung

So as you stated in your post they truly expect payment NOW. Not the month of the grading or even once everything is completed like most services. So do I hold a grudge even a little... yes of course I do who wouldn't? But will I bail and go to PGX or some other random certifying company of course not. CGC is still the gold standard of grading and while it is not considered a monopoly it might as well be. I do wish they would hire more to keep up with supply and demand but understand the need for ensuring qualified personnel over the need for simple numbers in a chair. The largest issue I have is that if I check the box for fast tracking nothing changes for time but they continue to gain more and more cash for the need for demand.

Damned if I do and damned if I don't I guess.

great signature books you got there. Hope you get them back in less than 6 months. Although i agree CGC does a great job on their website, tracking, labels etc. i think grading in general is so subjective it doesnt matter who you go to, matters more if the grader is in a bad mood or not :)

I do use PGX for some lower value books and to get some inventory back when waiting for the 6 month turn around from CGC and for the fact i can't always afford to pre-pay six months ahead, I actually think they are a little tougher on the grades but they do make mistakes on labels and stuff i have never had with CGC. 7/13 submission still not made it to scheduled