• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone reading the Oeming Thor ?

24 posts in this topic

I actually stopped reading Thor after Jurgens' Thanos/Mangog story arc because I couldn't stand the poor writing, and character inconsistencies. I have picked it up again with the new writer, and I have to say, the current Ragnarok arc is the best Thor since Walt Simonson.

Seeing Thor fighting Durok the Demolisher (remember him ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif), without his hammer, and destroy him with a rain of lightning bolts was just awesome. I needed something to wash away the taste of JLA vs Avengers #2.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

R,

What is Oeming Thor? I just bought all the the recent Thor's 1-81 and I haven't finished reading all of them yet. About two months ago I wondered if Durok ever made another apperance and the answer I got back was no. I will defintely pick these up but do you have a link or scan of the cover so I can track it down.

Oeming (Michael Avon) has gained a bit of popularity as the artist for Powers and as a creator for [!@#%^&^] Samurai and something else thats kind of a goofy Thor that I haven't read.

He's plotting (not doing art) the Thor books as of the last few issues. I haven't read them yet, as I'm 5 years behind on my Thor reading, but flipping through them, the book has changed dramatically, and judging by the style alone, I like it.

Oeming (Michael Avon) has gained a bit of popularity as the artist for Powers and as a creator for [!@#%^&^] Samurai and something else thats kind of a goofy Thor that I haven't read.

He's plotting (not doing art) the Thor books as of the last few issues. I haven't read them yet, as I'm 5 years behind on my Thor reading, but flipping through them, the book has changed dramatically, and judging by the style alone, I like it.

I just read issue #81 after I saw this thread and there is his name right on the cover. I don't have issue #82 yet but apparently it is outstanding. I'm still catching up on the last few years of Thor myself but so far it looks pretty good.

but am not familiar with his writing.

Good stuff so far. I think the other Thor-like book everyone is mentioning is "Hammer of the Gods" which he drew and co-plotted w/ Mark Wheatley on. I enjoyed "Hammer of the Gods" as well.

It starts in Thor #80 a six part series...They are getting hard to find.

I think issue #80 is sold out on both Lone Star and Mile High's site which drives me bananas because its the only (one other than 82) to complete my run. Also, I recently read issues 20-25 with Thanos and Mangog which were awesome but issue 21 continues on to the Thor annual which I do not have. 893frustrated.gif

It starts in Thor #80 a six part series...They are getting hard to find.

I think issue #80 is sold out on both Lone Star and Mile High's site which drives me bananas because its the only (one other than 82) to complete my run. Also, I recently read issues 20-25 with Thanos and Mangog which were awesome but issue 21 continues on to the Thor annual which I do not have. 893frustrated.gif

I was lucky enough to get the issue's off Ebay just haven't recieve them yet laugh.gif

I think issue #80 is sold out on both Lone Star and Mile High's site which drives me bananas because its the only (one other than 82) to complete my run.

I think I can get an 80 at my LCS. I was able to get 80-82 yesterday and I think there were a couple of 80's left. PM if you're interested.

Since I have to wait about two weeks to get my copy, how the heck does Durok get brought into the story?

I couldn't say. I haven't read the run yet. I just flipped through #82 and the last page prompted me to buy 80-82.

Since I have to wait about two weeks to get my copy, how the heck does Durok get brought into the story?

In his plot to unleash Ragnarok, Loki has gathered up some of the greatest ever enemies of Asgard, and Durok is amongst them. In addition to his previous powers, Durok can now also unleash powerful energy bolts from his hands.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

W

A

R

N

I

N

G

Another shock in this issue is that Kurse (who is 4 times as powerful as Thor) is decapitated defending the children of Asgard, possibly by Fenris the Wolf who is larger and more powerful than ever. 893whatthe.gif

In his plot to unleash Ragnarok, Loki has gathered up some of the greatest ever enemies of Asgard, and Durok is amongst them. In addition to his previous powers, Durok can now also unleash powerful energy bolts from his hands.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

W

A

R

N

I

N

G

Another shock in this issue is that Kurse (who is 4 times as powerful as Thor) is decapitated defending the children of Asgard, possibly by Fenris the Wolf who is larger and more powerful than ever. 893whatthe.gif

Thank you for the spoiler, can't wait. Durok if you remember back in issues 192, 193 could shoot bolts 893applaud-thumb.gif of enery from his hands. Love those issues. Kurse is in it as well. thumbsup2.gif

Thank you for the spoiler, can't wait. Durok if you remember back in issues 192, 193 could shoot bolts 893applaud-thumb.gif of enery from his hands. Love those issues. Kurse is in it as well. thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif I haven't read #192 / #193 for years, I didn't remember Durok doing this but of course you are right now I think about it !