• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I, ROBOT trounces SPIDER-MAN 2

108 posts in this topic

Kristen Dunts(MJ) say's one more and then out.Doesn't what to be only MJ.

Then I hope they will do the respectible thing and kill her off.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifKraven's Last Hunt. Kraven can prove he is superior to Spider-Man by satisfying MJ in bed and then Vermin can eat her.

Sony wants 7 all told but i feel your right we could see total burn-out by then.

Three is usually the cut-off for a great movie series. Any that have attempted to go beyond this number have failed miserably. Of course there are some movies that should have stopped after one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Three is usually the cut-off for a great movie series. Any that have attempted to go beyond this number have failed miserably.

Except for Bond. James Bond. Shaken, not stirred.

I think there is enough quality source material to put together more than 3 good Spidey movies, but I agree that the potential for disappointment increases greatly with each successive film after #3 - especially if the producers start heeding the drooling fanboys' call for lame-o villains like Venom and Carnage. Spidey #1 and #2 have been well-received by the comics community, movie-goers and critics alike. However, the critics will certainly throw up all over any film that features carnivorous alien symbiote costumes (as well they should), as will a good portion of the movie-going public.

However, the critics will certainly throw up all over any film that features carnivorous alien symbiote costumes (as well they should), as will a good portion of the movie-going public.

Yea, their powers are so incredibly stupid and senseless...much like that mad scientist with four mechanical arms whose name escapes me. It'd never work! 893naughty-thumb.gif

However, the critics will certainly throw up all over any film that features carnivorous alien symbiote costumes (as well they should), as will a good portion of the movie-going public.

Yea, their powers are so incredibly stupid and senseless...much like that mad scientist with four mechanical arms whose name escapes me. It'd never work! 893naughty-thumb.gif

But you are a Venom worshiping fanboy, what would you know? sumo.giftongue.gif

But you are a Venom worshiping fanboy, what would you know? sumo.giftongue.gif

That Galactus rocks, as does Magneto. cloud9.gif Most of the Spidey villains aren't outstanding, I just like Venom better than most of them. I like Doc Ock second-best, but I don't really know why...his power is ridiculous. There's no reason for his arms to be as strong as they are if you think about why he created them in the first place...

There's no reason for his arms to be as strong as they are if you think about why he created them in the first place...

It's been some time since I have read ASM 3 but if I remember correctly they were original created to perform rectal exams on his patience because he is a Doctor and didn't want his real hands up there. But I guess you are right why would he need arms that strong for such a delicate task? confused.gif

Three is usually the cut-off for a great movie series. Any that have attempted to go beyond this number have failed miserably.

Except for Bond. James Bond. Shaken, not stirred.

But they stretch out the release on the Bond movies.

Keeps the fans wanting more, and they deliver with another great movie.

I think the Bond series has the formula figured out. Don't over saturate. Make them wait. Don't produce slop.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think the Bond series has the formula figured out. Don't over saturate. Make them wait. Don't produce slop.

Except that the Bond films have all been [!@#%^&^] since the 80's. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But they stretch out the release on the Bond movies.

Keeps the fans wanting more, and they deliver with another great movie.

How's that different than the other sequel machines, except they never seem to stop? Haven't they cranked out a Bond every 3-4 years pretty regularly since Dr. No?

I don't get why they wouldn't be able to keep cranking out almost any superhero film indefinitely, much like many of the printed comics have gone on indefinitely. As CGI costs naturally fall over time, it should just keep getting more and more viable to keep on making them.

Except that the Bond films have all been [!@#%^&^] since the 80's. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have trouble picking one as being worse than the other...they're all about the same to me. I mostly compare the Bond actors, and Pierce Brosnan is second-best behind Sean Connery, so I must disagree with them all being [!@#%^&^] since the 80s.

I don't think so.

hi.gif

I don't get why they wouldn't be able to keep cranking out almost any superhero film indefinitely, much like many of the printed comics have gone on indefinitely.

I am sure they could, but how long before people stopped watching them?

If a movie doesn't make money the franchise is dead. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And as you so thoughtfully pointed out, Spidey doesn't have enough decent villains to last the course. tongue.gif