• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHIVERBONES.COM has been launched

53 posts in this topic

Well done Shiv ! There are a lot of incredible covers on your site I haven't seen before. 893applaud-thumb.gif (I love some of those Wrightson H.O.S. issues). The Bronze Age period threw up some of the nicest covers of any era. I have bookmarked your site, and am looking forward to seeing the Marvel books as well. thumbsup2.gif

Great looking site. I would be interested to see the list of titles that you intend to cover. In particular is Swamp Thing considered a horror title.

Absolutely, Swamp Thing is a horror title (supernatural, zombies, monsters, etc...). Pick up the first few Alan Moore trades. I think it's the second one that has a story about a haunted house. That damn story gave me nightmares! Really creepy stuff.

Very cool site. I really enjoyed the top covers section and am gonna have to pick some of those up now.

One suggestion: put title tags on the pages. I've almost closed the site several times because of the "Untitled Document" header that is automatically assigned(I'm at work so I have to minimize to actually do something every couple of hours).

It just makes me think the page is a pop up or something when it's untitled on the open windows bar.

yeah, the untitled windows were an oversite i kept meaning to fix but forgot. I'll get on that.

Jim & warlord - lets trade links! i have to put a links spot in. Anyone else with a comics site too.

Yes swamp thing is horror and will be included. I have not decided if i will include saga of swampy though since it runs so far past the window i am working in.

Thanks again everyone!

Jim & warlord - lets trade links! i have to put a links spot in. Anyone else with a comics site too.

Done....happily! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I guess I won't have to feature any more horror comics as Books of the Day..... frown.gif

Not that I've had the time recently...... 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Jim

Simply Awesome Shiver.....well, there goes several more hours of time I should be working! Great looking site! Congrats! acclaim.gif

Definitely worth the wait.

Excellent site.

In terms of the 40 Best Covers section, it would be great to have cover art credits for each cover.

I am happy to say that I have well over 1/2 of the 40 covers listed! Bring on the magazines.

yeah, the untitled windows were an oversite i kept meaning to fix but forgot. I'll get on that.

Yes swamp thing is horror and will be included. I have not decided if i will include saga of swampy though since it runs so far past the window i am working in.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for the "trade links" offer. Will do if/when I ever get around to finish my massive scanning/grading/etc project... no progress is likely on that for at least the next month, and I'm only maybe halfway done on the scanning so far! insane.gif

Nice site, Shiverbones! Lots of information & scans. thumbsup2.gif

Just a couple of suggestions/comments:

I saved your site to My Favorites and see you have not given your pages a title (My Favorites saved you as Untitled Page). This will also keep others from finding your pages when the type Shiverbones horror comics in search. You need to title each page, like for the main page Shiverbones Horror Comics. For the House Of Secrets use somthing like Shiverbones House of Secrets, ect. for each page.(I'm talking HTML code when I say to title your page. Just check your HTML code and at the top you'll see

" title Untitled Document /title"

(Sorry, can't type exactly as you'll see it, it's HTML and the forum won't show the exact code if I do.)

Just erase Untitled Document and type in as needed for each page.

Secondly, go to http://dmoz.org/Arts/Comics/Retailers and click "suggest URL" and request to be added to thier listings. Do this once a month (and only once a month) until they list you. Leave a very polite request email to the Category Editor who's link is at the bottom of the page (Yamamat). Be very polite as he is the "Gate Keeper".

Leave him an email each month too, again, very polite!

Be prepared to wait a few months but, once listed, you'll be placed in most search engines without having to pay. Took me about four months to get listed with never even a response from the requets to the category editor. When I was finally listed I emailed a "Thank You!",..got an email back that day: "Your Welcome!" 27_laughing.gif

Best of Luck!