• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Men's Adventures 27 - Torch, Subby, Cap Added- Black Cat Mystery

8 posts in this topic

Here's one more.

Black Cat Mystery #33

Nice 6.5- Great electrocution cover. Inspiration for Lon Chaney Jr.'s Man Made Monster.

Not to dump on your thread but you have it reversed. Lon Chaney Jr's MAN MADE MONSTER came out in 1941, about 11 years before the comic book. So you could say BLACK CAT MYSTERY #33 was inspired by Lon Chaney Jr.'s MAN MADE MONSTER.

You may be thinking of Chaney Jr's INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN from 1956, which was something of a remake of his MAN MADE MONSTER. (thumbs u

Here's one more.

Black Cat Mystery #33

Nice 6.5- Great electrocution cover. Inspiration for inspired by Lon Chaney Jr.'s Man Made Monster.

Not to dump on your thread but you have it reversed. Lon Chaney Jr's MAN MADE MONSTER came out in 1941, about 11 years before the comic book. So you could say BLACK CAT MYSTERY #33 was inspired by Lon Chaney Jr.'s MAN MADE MONSTER.

You may be thinking of Chaney Jr's INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN from 1956, which was something of a remake of his MAN MADE MONSTER. (thumbs u

Fixed that. Loved that movie when I saw it on tv as a kid. But then I think Lon Chaney Jr. is one the the cinema's great, under-appreciated artists.

Here's one more.

Black Cat Mystery #33

Nice 6.5- Great electrocution cover. Inspiration for inspired by Lon Chaney Jr.'s Man Made Monster.

Fixed that. Loved that movie when I saw it on tv as a kid. But then I think Lon Chaney Jr. is one the the cinema's great, under-appreciated artists.

I agree. And he was the only actor to play every Universal Monster: Lawrence Talbot/The Wolf Man (in several Universal followups) , The Mummy (in MUMMY'S GHOST/TOMB/CURSE), The Frankenstein Monster in GHOST OF FRANENSTEIN and an oft-debated Count Dracula in SON OF DRACULA (was he the "son" or the real deal?)