• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

The problem with the gas comparison is that it would have a National and perhaps Global affect on commerce. The price of a comic book is meaningless other than to the few thousand people that want it but do not need it.

I released Sheltered #15 this week at $10 with no takers.

I'll take a bath on those.

That's acceptable though.

( of course until the movie announcement & the book explodes, then I'll be accused of price fixing )

Or something...

terry-gordy.jpg

Kerry_Von_Erich.jpg

I'm going to hazard a guess that RMA is supposed to be the top image (Gordy). :D

Out of curiosity, I googled Kerry, and came up with the whole Von Erich clan.

Man, what a tragic, tragic story.

Yep, when I was in the service, a friend of mine told me their story. He played football and wrestled against one of them in high school. A series of terribly sad events.

terry-gordy.jpg

Kerry_Von_Erich.jpg

I'm going to hazard a guess that RMA is supposed to be the top image (Gordy). :D

Out of curiosity, I googled Kerry, and came up with the whole Von Erich clan.

Man, what a tragic, tragic story.

Yep, when I was in the service, a friend of mine told me their story. He played football and wrestled against one of them in high school. A series of terribly sad events.

Not to get more off topic, but most of WCCW wrestlers from Fritz Von Erich's era passes away - almost within months from each other, David, Kerry & Mike Von Erich, Gino Hernandez, Terry Gordy, Chris Adams.. Very very sad

I'm calling it...

Book of the Week ( next week )

WE CAN NEVER GO HOME #1

Artist: Joshua Hood

Writer: Matthew Rosenberg & Patrick Kindlon

Colors: Amanda Scurti

Cover A: Michael Walsh

Cover B: David Murdoch

Cover C: Joshua Hood & Hana Nakamura

In stores 3/25

K0DYtKU.png

"You should absolutely buy We Can Never Go Home #1 and pre-order the second issue. Hopefully your shop is getting this series because it’s something special for sure. This is going to be that issue that people talk about all year and make comparisons to other properties. Hell I’ve already done that and I was wrong. This isn’t Love and Rockets, this isn’t Stray Bullets, this is the series that will be the next comparison. 5 out of 5" - COMIC BASTARDS

"Black Mask comics are no joke. There are some very strong books out there we think you should be reading... If you missed these books, then I have great news for you: the best Black Mask has to offer is coming out next week and it’s named We Can Never Go Home." - Nothing But Comics

"Its incredible realized, poignant, and powerful stuff. 4.5 out of 5"- Bloody Disgusting

"it’s hard to dream up a more perfect creative team for the subject matter of the book. Plenty of comics are written about young people and plenty of stories are about coming of age. Some of them even involve violence and criminal underworlds, and some might include bizarre, unpredictable superpowers, but those books don’t have the combination of these team members at work." - Bleeding Cool

"We Can Never Go Home # 1 hits the stands next week. Black Mask Studios sent us a review copy though and it blew me away. I called my shop and asked them to put a copy aside for me and I urge you to do the same." - Unwinnable

"So it's left to writers Matthew Rosenberg and Patrick Kindlon, artist Josh Hood, and colorist Amanda Scurti to pit a new spin on the formula, and they do so admirably, setting up an immediately relatable high school world, weaving in cultural checkpoints like classic '80s hardcore and college rock songs, then pulling the rug out from beneath the reader the moment we begin to feel comfortable." (Best Comics Of The Week) Comics Alliance

"All the frustration and complications of growing up in suburbia have found there way into yet another awesome comic book. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this one." - Frog Queen

Every once in a while the perfect mix of story and art come together to make something new and different. The first issue of "We Can Never Go Home" from Black Mask Studios sets the stage for a different kind of road trip story and a different kind of comic." - Indie Comix

" Since the solicitation mentions Love & Rockets and Stray Bullets, let me address those comparisons. This comic has every right to mentioned in the same breath as them. 5 out of 5"- Needless Essentials

It's everything I love about comics!"- Chris Sebela (Dead Letters / Captain Marvel)

"I am all about this book! Rosenberg, Kindlon and Hood are the perfect team…it's a beautiful, sharp book that slowly leads its characters into what I can only imagine will be a massive train wreck. And I can't look away."- Amy Reeder (Rocket Girl / Batwoman)

"We Can Never Go Home is a comic that perfectly captures the frustration, excitement, energy and heartbreak of being a teenager. Coupled with smart commentary on superheroes, crackling dialogue, and top notch storytelling this is a book to watch from one of my favorite new writers." - Frank Barbiere (Five Ghosts / Avengers World)

"A grounded and human tale of dark and incredible things - rendered in art so delicious you'll want to lick the pages." - James Asmus (Quantum & Woody / Gambit)

"We Can Never Go Home is the type of story comics needs--superpowers and villains take a backseat to rich and layered characters who draw you in and keep you hooked. I'll stick with Madison and Duncan for as long as their road goes. Smart and honest with capable execution from everyone involved." - Michael Moreci (Roche Limit / Hack Slash)

"WE CAN NEVER GO HOME is a must-read book. It takes you back to those moments in your young life where you see the worst path in front of you and you can't help but take it. Picking up the first issue, you can't help but want to follow Maddie and Duncan to the bitter end." - James Tynion IV (Batman Eternal / The Woods)

"I first came across We Can Never Go Home a little while back, when Matt Rosenberg had a table near mine at NYCC. We got to talking, he handed me the story, I read it that night and made sure to tell him how much I dug it at the show the next day. I suspected we might be hearing more from young Mr. Rosenberg, and so we have! Very glad everyone else will get a chance to check this one out." - Charles Soule (Death Of Wolverine / Swamp Thing)

If more vendors pop up quickly, it'll drop with some competition. Only 1 sold & only 1 vendor putting it up on ebay so far.

Can't see this one dropping much...

3,000 copies in a Deadpool world

I GOT GUN SHY WITH THE COVER PRICE.

SHOULD HAVE PRINTED MORE and A SKETCH...

7zFmWEhl.jpg