• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM World's Finest 19 ***Graded***

20 posts in this topic

Yay, another freebie for your auction thread! :whee:

We've been discussing water damage on a book, and a decent looking FF48 landed on 4.0 for some back cover stains. I don't think the rubbing on the front is ugly enough to pull it down any further, so 4.0 for me.

On the front cover above Finest,was there erased writing?
Under magnification it sure looks like there was pencil. I cant make it out if it was a name or what. If has erasure and some yellow of the cover is removed in the process. not the worst cast I have ever seen. I don't think CGC views erasure as resto.

Under magnification it sure looks like there was pencil. I cant make it out if it was a name or what. If has erasure and some yellow of the cover is removed in the process. not the worst cast I have ever seen. I don't think CGC views erasure as resto.
No not resto,but it would lower the grade.

No not resto,but it would lower the grade.
Where as the pencil itself would have done nothing to the grade, shame. 4.0/4.5 still.

Graded 7.0
did you have it cleaned and pressed?
No but on behalf of the book, when in hand, you know you are holding a nicely preserved copy.
Im just surprised we were all so far off. Congrats to you though (thumbs u

Graded 7.0

:facepalm:

with the book-length creases on the spine, the erasure on the top front cover, all the back cover stains plus all the other general wear the book exhibits I would have graded it 5.0 tops, based on what the photos show.