• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Annual 2000

6 posts in this topic

This is the Annual you are looking for. This issue had two separate stories, the 2nd of which was the best. At Thanos' behest Mangog single-handedly destroys an entire planet, and all the people on it. 893whatthe.gif This violent display of power, is a lead-in to the climax of Thor #25.

The thing that bothered me most about this whole story arc was that Mangog, a being originally described (in Thor #157) as having the combined power of a billion, billion beings, would never be subservient to anyone. And no explanation was ever given as to how, or why he followed Thanos around like a lap-dog ?

annual-2000.jpg

This is the Annual you are looking for. This issue had two separate stories, the 2nd of which was the best. At Thanos' behest Mangog single-handedly destroys an entire planet, and all the people on it. 893whatthe.gif This violent display of power, is a lead-in to the climax of Thor #25.

The thing that bothered me most about this whole story arc was that Mangog, a being originally described (in Thor #157) as having the combined power of a billion, billion beings, would never be subservient to anyone. And no explanation was ever given as to how, or why he followed Thanos around like a lap-dog ?

annual-2000.jpg

Yeah I couldn't understand why he called him master. At least they could have said that Mangog was under a spell or something. Also, it was a pretty lame ending the way Thor beat Thanos.