• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

37 posts in this topic

someone very soon will tell you to look at the rules of selling. and someone else will ask you about references.

looks like you edited most of it to fit the rules. :) good luck with the sale.

Oh though you still need to include shipping prices/methods. A grade would be GREAT.

[puts on the Rulz cap]

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #8 (thats the only one I think you need to address)

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

and as someone else said, a link to your ebay feedback (or even just your id) will help people feel good about spending big bucks with a new account user.

but seriously, welcome!

Oh though you still need to include shipping prices/methods. A grade would be GREAT.

Revat, sadly that is not something I can do for you. I buy and sell sports cards - the grading scale I am familiar with is completely different.

I do not want to give you a grade that is wrong or off. I cannot grade it accurately so I use the phrase "refer to scan for condition".Also I can scan whatever is needed (I would rather not physically open the book).

Revat, sadly that is not something I can do for you. I buy and sell sports cards - the grading scale I am familiar with is completely different.

I do not want to give you a grade that is wrong or off. I cannot grade it accurately so I use the phrase "refer to scan for condition".Also I can scan whatever is needed (I would rather not physically open the book).

That's completely fair, but know that there may be some 'trepidation' among potential customers here when it comes to buying a '$3000' book from someone who openly admits to being unfamiliar with the grading scale or how to properly handle a valuable comic.

If this were a cheap book I'd say just roll with it, but since $3K isn't nothing, it might be in your best interests to have this graded, ideally by CGC or at least by your local comic shop. Also provide a scan of the back cover, people care about that sort of thing. Maybe closeups of the spine and staples if there is any wear there.

You're going to need to open the book to make sure it's complete and doesn't have any pages or coupons missing unless you are willing to take a no questions asked return if there is something wrong with the interior.

A large scan of the front and rear cover (without the bag) will help people judge condition.

That's completely fair, but know that there may be some 'trepidation' among potential customers here when it comes to buying a '$3000' book from someone who openly admits to being unfamiliar with the grading scale or how to properly handle a valuable comic.

I deal with large dollar sports collections - I know how to handle cardboard.

Also, the top staple is detached from the spine.

I am a top rated & power seller but am not incredibly active.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=heybertaz&ftab=AllFeedback

Blowout card forums:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/itrader.php?u=19891

As requested:

IMG_0001-1.jpg

2012-11-06_15-16-29_397.jpg

2012-11-06_15-16-08_746.jpg