• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Code and Schomburg - More added- More Price Reductions

16 posts in this topic

America's Best Comics #27

3.0- Canadian edition.- Cover and centrefold secure.

$65.00 shipped.

americasbest27.jpg

americasbest27bc.jpg

I'll take it as long as shipping to the USofA is reasonable.Not sure where the seller is located.

That is quie a fantastic cover! GLWTS (thumbs u

eerie5.jpg

Thanks Alex,

I'm surprised it's still here. Wood was the master of the double reflections and he utilized this technique to perfection on the girl.

Very nice book. I'm a big fan of Wally Wood. Excuse my ignorance, but can you please tell me what the double reflection technique is?

eerie5.jpg

Thanks Alex,

I'm surprised it's still here. Wood was the master of the double reflections and he utilized this technique to perfection on the girl.

Very nice book. I'm a big fan of Wally Wood. Excuse my ignorance, but can you please tell me what the double reflection technique is?

Hmmm... how shall I put this? If you have a ball and the light hits from one side it's darker on the other side. That side of the ball also casts a shadow on the table it's resting on. But the rim of the ball has a subtle light line thats a reflection off the table. It makes it more 3D. Now apply that to the lovely endowments of our heroine and you'll see what I mean.

eerie5.jpg

Thanks Alex,

Hmmm... how shall I put this? If you have a ball and the light hits from one side it's darker on the other side. That side of the ball also casts a shadow on the table it's resting on. But the rim of the ball has a subtle light line thats a reflection off the table. It makes it more 3D. Now apply that to the lovely endowments of our heroine and you'll see what I mean.

I figured you wuz talking about the headlights.

eerie5.jpg

Thanks Alex,

Wow, I didnt know that was called the "double reflection technique" - I always just referred to them as "shady jugs".

eerie5.jpg

Thanks Alex,

Wow, I didnt know that was called the "double reflection technique" - I always just referred to them as "shady jugs".

Double reflection refers to more than "jugs". Practically everything has a double reflection. Look at things around you and faces. Even male pecs can have a double reflection. It's the way light plays off of things. I see a slight rim of light around my computer monitor. Wood was one of the first in comics to render with great lighting technique. Raboy was another. So many others have followed.