• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First time asking about Ebay Buyer/Seller anyone deal with bongo2001

33 posts in this topic

Thought that username sounded familiar.... hm

(Hey, I actually got the "Search" function to work!)

Bongo2001 Thread

Now that you mention it, didn't someone have trouble with Trey (The Silver-Age) who started that last thread?

I have sold many books to Bongo on ebay, he always pays very, very late (2-3 weeks or more) and sometimes a NPB notice is necessary. However, although payment is always extremely late and requires multiple notices, he does ALWAYS pay so there is no need to worry unless you need the money quickly (thumbs u

Greg

I have sold many books to Bongo on ebay, he always pays very, very late (2-3 weeks or more) and sometimes a NPB notice is necessary. However, although payment is always extremely late and requires multiple notices, he does ALWAYS pay so there is no need to worry unless you need the money quickly (thumbs u

Greg

+1

Greg

+1

I'll be honest I'd rather pull the book back then to have a dead beat buyer.

In 4 days no payment means closed auction and a blocked buyer

To me, there is a world of difference between a slow payer and a deadbeat.

If the guy is constantly bidding stuff up that I sell, whether he wins or not, the costs of blocking him would be to great.

If he is using BIN on stuff that otherwise might sit for several months, the cost of blocking him is to great.

just resurfacing the most recent bongo thread, which also has a link to the older one...

Bongo2001 still doing the same buy it, and then wait until every double, triple notice has been made before finally getting around to paying.

yeah there's a difference between not paying and taking forever to pay, but it means sellers have to go thru the trouble of opening a non-payment bidder report, and pushing for payment.... why go thru the hassle?

after this transaction is completed, he's going on by blocked bidder list.

after this transaction is completed, he's going on by blocked bidder list.

Get ready for the "I tried to bid but I was blocked, can you unblock me?" message from him.

The guy is either totally clueless or a real tool.

So here's the question.

Can I get out of this sale rather than spend a month trying to squeeze this guy for eventual payment, without incurring fees and/or dings to my ratings?

I'm thinking of calling ebay (for what that's worth) to see what can be done. I dont really feel like having my book held hostage for a month, and having to hope that he limits his tomfoolery to payment schemes...

and there it is... on the 10th day after the auction closed he finally pays, the last day he can pay before I have the option to back out of the transaction with no penalty.

Everyone block this arseclown from bidding on your books.

Unless you like having to open a non-payment claim for every book you sell him.

oh and the best is with his payment he tells me

"Please package safely and securely including placing comic between 2 pieces of strong cardboard in a sturdy box.

Thank you very much!"

so many things I want to tell him...

trying to think of the most annoying (but secure and safe) way I can ship his book possible....

oh and the best is with his payment he tells me

"Please package safely and securely including placing comic between 2 pieces of strong cardboard in a sturdy box.

Thank you very much!"

so many things I want to tell him...

trying to think of the most annoying (but secure and safe) way I can ship his book possible....

Use a whole roll of shipping tape.