• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOOB questions

19 posts in this topic

How can facilitators accept comics for CGC's SS if CGC is not at the show?

Has anyone who claims to be such a facilitator ever turned out to be a fraud? Is there some way to verify that someone claiming to be a facilitator is approved by the CGC?

Anyone who posts in this Announcement Forum has approval(or should have) from CGC to solicit for submissions. CGC does not need to be at a show for it to be an approved event, they just need to meet the CGC requiremets and have a CGC approved CAW(witness).

If there are any questions regarding veracity of a facilitator, just call Mike Balent ext 198 at CGC.

How can facilitators accept comics for CGC's SS if CGC is not at the show?

Has anyone who claims to be such a facilitator ever turned out to be a fraud? Is there some way to verify that someone claiming to be a facilitator is approved by the CGC?

Anyone who posts in this Announcement Forum has approval(or should have) from CGC to solicit for submissions. CGC does not need to be at a show for it to be an approved event, they just need to meet the CGC requiremets and have a CGC approved CAW(witness).

If there are any questions regarding veracity of a facilitator, just call Mike Balent ext 198 at CGC.

And yes, there have been a few times in which we would tell someone that they could not facilitate a show.

A lot of the facilitator's have had great work relationship's with CGC for years. If there is a doubt of a certain person that represents themselves as a facilitator and you are uncertain (i.e. sketch ops or taking show submissions) you can always call CGC customer service 1-877-662-6642 or email me directly at CGC mbalent@cgccomics.com or send a message to a moderator listed at the bottom of the page.

Thanks.

hey,

i got a question about the witness:

when i want two or more signings for the same book, how it will be handle? must the witness take my book and go with me to all the artists or must the witness only see the artist when he is signing my book?

if artist A sign my book on day 1 and artist B sign it on day 3, how i should handle this?

thx 4 help.

must the witness take my book and go with me to all the artists

if artist A s

Yes this is correct, someone from CGC must take the book to all the artists you want to sign it.

if artist A sign my book on day 1 and artist B sign it on day 3, how i must handle this?

Artist A will sign the book on day 1 then you let CGC know you want someone else to sign it & they will hold it, on day 3 you let them know you want to have Artist B sign it & a witness will take it with them to the artists table for you to sign.

hope that helps.

all right, thx a lot :)

ah wait, what i do when i want signings on different cons? will cgc hold the books over months?

Unfortunately, CGC does not allow books to be held for different cons. Once the first con is over, the book goes in to be graded. When you want the same book signed at a 2nd con, you will have to open the book from the CGC slab container, get the signature, and pay to have the book re-graded.

is the re-graded price the same like the first?

yes

ah wait, what i do when i want signings on different cons? will cgc hold the books over months?

Unfortunately, CGC does not allow books to be held for different cons. Once the first con is over, the book goes in to be graded. When you want the same book signed at a 2nd con, you will have to open the book from the CGC slab container, get the signature, and pay to have the book re-graded.

Be sure to have someone from CGC or a CAW (contract authorized witness) "crack" a SS book out of its slab or be present when it's done. Otherwise the authentication for the prior signature(s) will be invalidated.

all right, thx a lot :) ah wait, what i do when i want signings on different cons? will cgc hold the books over months?

Wasn't a book just allowed to be signed between two different conventions?

I remember that it was because they were only a week apart with permission given ahead of time and a CGC representative was the witness for this opportunity.

all right, thx a lot :) ah wait, what i do when i want signings on different cons? will cgc hold the books over months?

I remember that it was because they were only a week apart with permission given ahead of time and a CGC representative was the witness for this opportunity.

You're headed into dangerous territory :popcorn:

Someone can correct me, but my understanding is that this practice used to be far more permissible and widely available. But at some point, it was outlawed completely. And then only allowed on a case-by-case basis for special circumstances.

Please note that you can only open the yellow label slab at the CGC table (they need to witness the opening). Do not open a yellow label slab at home (or anywhere) without a certified CGC witness. That would be bad.

You're headed into dangerous territory :popcorn:

Someone can correct me, but my understanding is that this practice used to be far more permissible and widely available. But at some point, it was outlawed completely. And then only allowed on a case-by-case basis for special circumstances.

That's correct.