• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need an opinion from a lawyer and no I do not have $200 an hour to pay.

40 posts in this topic

Tell him to have fun serving you when he doesn't know any of your actual personal information (I am assuming he doesn't have this info right?).

I can see it now, he tries to go before a judge in Ohio and says the following. "Chunkybutt over on the CGC forums is talking a bunch of smack about me and is telling nasty lies that I am a thief. No judge ignore the fact that I confused to stealing some comics in another state that has nothing to do with this. Chunkybutt is spreading lies and because they are in writing this is libel. I demand that Chunkybutt be brought to trial and justice is to be served. What I need more info than just an online alias to try and serve someone, isn't that your job judge?"

:insane:

Apparently his world of Warcraft ID is also gargux and he sells lots of magic cards (I am NOT saying they are stolen) so when you google GARGUX my post pops up first.

If you google "is gargux a theif?" more posts pop up.

My opinion is, if you have an online reputation you wish to uphold, maybe you shouldn't commit crimes that could tarnish that reputation offline.

I saw on the CGC collectors society forums claiming I (gargux) am a thief and using my ebay user name. It is defamation of character in libel form, meaning you you have written things damaging to my character publicly (in this case the entire world) for anyone to see.

If no action is taken on your behalf before Monday December 3rd 2012 and the forum postings not changed by you and removed, a lawsuit for defamation of character will be filed with the State of Ohio Surpreme court located at 65 South Front Street Columbus, OH 43215

Per Kentucky general statutes, I, being the plaintiff in a proposed case, am mandated to make you aware of any and all legal action you may face. I also am mandated, to advise you to retain a lawyer for any and all future, pending, legal action that may be taken against you.

I would prefer if you delete the thread or have a moderator do it and we never speak of this again to anyone of this matter. What you chose to do is up to you though.

You wont hear from me again so any response you make will go unseen.

Good day to you.

This part just caught my eye. I'm no legal expert. Far from it. But... the Ohio Supreme Court. Really? You can just file a defamation suit with the Supreme Court? I'd think it would have to start in a local court and the Supreme Court would be involved only as some sort of appeals process. This smells to me as though it was written by somebody even more clueless about the law than I am....

So now I'm curious. I don't spend a lot of time on the boards, so other than a number of DD/Robojo threads, I haven't really kept up with any stories of who's suing whom and who the con artists are. Can somebody please share with me a link or a little bit of backstory as to who this is and what the thievery charges are?

Hey Chunky..did he not admit and confess to stealing those comic books?Someone here linked a confession and truth is a defense

so you got truth on your side.

On the other hand he could hire him a fancy lawyer with all the money he made off his stolen comics.

I saw on the CGC collectors society forums claiming I (gargux) am a thief and using my ebay user name. It is defamation of character in libel form, meaning you you have written things damaging to my character publicly (in this case the entire world) for anyone to see.

If no action is taken on your behalf before Monday December 3rd 2012 and the forum postings not changed by you and removed, a lawsuit for defamation of character will be filed with the State of Ohio Surpreme court located at 65 South Front Street Columbus, OH 43215

Per Kentucky general statutes, I, being the plaintiff in a proposed case, am mandated to make you aware of any and all legal action you may face. I also am mandated, to advise you to retain a lawyer for any and all future, pending, legal action that may be taken against you.

I would prefer if you delete the thread or have a moderator do it and we never speak of this again to anyone of this matter. What you chose to do is up to you though.

Good day to you.

This part just caught my eye. I'm no legal expert. Far from it. But... the Ohio Supreme Court. Really? You can just file a defamation suit with the Supreme Court? I'd think it would have to start in a local court and the Supreme Court would be involved only as some sort of appeals process. This smells to me as though it was written by somebody even more clueless about the law than I am....

So now I'm curious. I don't spend a lot of time on the boards, so other than a number of DD/Robojo threads, I haven't really kept up with any stories of who's suing whom and who the con artists are. Can somebody please share with me a link or a little bit of backstory as to who this is and what the thievery charges are?

well, for what it's worth, in some states (new york I know for sure), the lower trial court is called the "supreme court". with that said, that is NOT the case in ohio where the ohio supreme court is, indeed, the court of last resort, not first.

Good day to you.

IN NY State, NY State Supreme Court is a low level court. From there you can go to the Court of Appeals. Not sure why it is like that, but it is.

NYS Supreme Court handles both criminal and civil cases.

Perhaps its the same in Ohio.

A ten second google search shows that the OSC is in fact the top court ni Ohio, not the bottom rung court as it is in NY.

Having chunkybutt call you a thief might be more damaging to your reputation that having someone called slenderthighs call you a thief. That's the way I look at it.

DG

chunkybutt feels like it carries more weight than slenderthighs.

Surprised some of your posts are gone. I didn't read anything that was crazy or out of line.

If the turd thief is reading this post can you please take me to the Ohio Supreme Court also? Please send me the nasty email also, I am waiting you POS THIEF!!

Surprised some of your posts are gone. I didn't read anything that was crazy or out of line.

If the turd thief is reading this post can you please take me to the Ohio Supreme Court also? Please send me the nasty email also, I am waiting you POS THIEF!!

lol, better watch it. He might file a lawsuit against you through Indiana Supreme Almighty courts.

lol, better watch it. He might file a lawsuit against you through Indiana Supreme Almighty courts.

Haha. Since I might have no choice but to move up to Wisconsin if I want to keep my job maybe I can get him to take me to court there. :insane:

I also wouldn't think much of it...kind of like Gerry Ross threatening to sue everyone on here from Canada. :screwy:

Ohhhhhhh, do tell!

Someone started a thread accusing Gerry Ross of misdeeds. Everyone that posted in the thread, whether negatively, positively or neutral received a PM from Gerry Ross threatening individual court action if we did not remove our posts from the thread. We all ignored it and nothing happened. At least that's what I remember.

:screwy: