• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Journey Into Mystery #89

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I have an opportunity to get Stan Lee's signature next weekend, possibly as a CGC Signature Series, and I am trying to determine which book to have him sign. I will be posting a couple candidates today for you guys to take a look at and help me grade. Let me know what you think.

Up first: Journey Into Mystery #89. The spot on the back upper middle is not a hole, it's just dirt or something. Page quality is Cream to Off-White:

jim89front.jpg

jim89back.jpg

wow, $50 doh!
I think it's going to be $50.

Last time I got a signature from him it was free, so that's an infinity percent markup! :o

I know, right? It's particularly rough because one of the other comics I really want him to sign for me is probably only worth $15. So it's kind of hard to justify. But I'm still thinking about it.

If I had bought this off auction advertised as 5.0 Id keep it. If it slabbed as 4.5, Id be ok w that as I'd prefer it over a 5.0 w Marvel chipping or some defect I don't like.

I think you picked a nice book for cover sig. Imho - Id want the sig in lower right corner.

4.5 but my absolute favorite JIM Thor cover and I'd get him to sign in least obtrusive area

$50?? That's criminal

Are Comic Superstars starting to charge for signing?

Other than Barks and Steranko, who simply wouldn't sign anything, I have never heard of anyone charging for a signature.

I had a few early ASM signed by Mr Lee in the 70's but it would be a cold day in hell when I'd pay $50 for his signature.

For $75 Paul Gulacy wil do a beautiful sketch for you and sign it.

I have Neal Adams. Marshall Rogers, Bob Burden etc signatures on lots of books and none ever asked for anything other than a soft drink