• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Is that one of the 3D covers? Looks like it might be. Some of them are going for crazy prices.

Oh, that Injustice video game is pretty good.

Yeah...but just the cover. (shrug)

If that book holds its value (doubtful), there may be a lot of married cover books on the market in later years...and no pesky staple holes to align. Seems like a bad idea to be selling these. I'm assuming there's no identifying marks signaling that it was a cover-only run (I didn't really look that close).

The weird thing is the scans. Each scanner seems to pick up a slightly different variation.

Ok...did some more research.

This listing has the following description.

SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1 3-D LENTICULAR COVER!

DC NEW 52! RETAILER RRP VARIANT! NM

3-D RRP (Retail Roundtable Program) LENTICULAR MOTION VARIANT NM/MT (Very Rare!)

THIS COMIC WAS GIVEN TO RETAILERS WHO ATTENDED THE DC RETAILER ROADSHOW IN NEW YORK CITY ON MONDAY, JUNE 17th. ONLY 96 RETAILERS ATTENDED AND THE BOOK WAS LIMITED TO ONE PER PERSON.

THIS IS A 3-D COVER (FRONT & BACK) AND IS BEAUTIFUL. THE ART WAS SLIGHTLY CHANGED FROM THE FIRST ISSUE OF SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1, SPECIFICALLY WITH SUPERMAN'S LEFT ARM & HAND.

STORY BY SCOTT SNYDER AND INSIDE ART BY JIM LEE. THIS FIRST PRINTING BOOK IS IN "NEAR MINT" CONDITION

No 3D cover collection will be complete without one!

=======================

And...oh look...a perfect 10.0 Mint!!!!!! :o

LINK

From djbrady4u . :facepalm:

Variants drive me crazy which is why I do not try to collect them. Good ole' Adams covers from the 60's and 70's will do for me.

Shellhead radio: listened to Classic Yes album to help me feel closer to USA while working in India.

Variants drive me crazy which is why I do not try to collect them. Good ole' Adams covers from the 60's and 70's will do for me.

Shellhead radio: listened to Classic Yes album to help me feel closer to USA while working in India.

Awesome! There's some great music in there. I'll have to get around to updating it one of these days.

Are you back yet?

This is pretty cool.

Superman Day New York World's Fair 1939

The man on the elephant is DC comics owner/publisher Harry Donenfeld (1:05), later (2:05) the man on the left with the hat, smoking is key comic industry founder Max Gaines and the man on the right in the blue suit is Jack Liebowitz, DC accountant/manager and the man who cut the $130 Superman check. And finally, (2:25) the guy in the blue suit and glasses is a young Jerry Siegel.