• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

I love seeing pictures of places I used to hang out in.

:cloud9:

By the way...my Santa Cruz brand strawberry lemonade proudly displays that it is "gluten free."

No, really.

Soon, you'll be seeing bottles of water that proclaim they are "gluten free."

People are so stupid.

Did you ever go to Rick and Ken's Comics (R&K Comics) on the El Camino in Santa Clara?

Maybe. When did it open?

I haven't been in the area shopping for comics since at least 1996.

There were there forever. Ken also sold at the San Jose Flea Market on the weekends.

That store, and the one in the Village Green Shopping Center off Calabazas (can't remember the name) were the only LCS's within walking distance from where I grew up. Quite the hangout after school.

Did you ever go to Rick and Ken's Comics (R&K Comics) on the El Camino in Santa Clara?

Maybe. When did it open?

There were there forever. Ken also sold at the San Jose Flea Market on the weekends.

That store, and the one in the Village Green Shopping Center off Calabazas (can't remember the name) were the only LCS's within walking distance from where I grew up. Quite the hangout after school.

Wait...they had comic stores in the 1800's....?

hm

But yes, I probably still have books I bought at K&Js on El Camino, if it's the store I'm thinking of.

I didn't spend *too* much time in the South Bay, as it was a bit of a hike.

Maybe. When did it open?

Wait...they had comic stores in the 1800's....?

hm

But yes, I probably still have books I bought at K&Js on El Camino, if it's the store I'm thinking of.

I didn't spend *too* much time in the South Bay, as it was a bit of a hike.

There was a hobby store in the same strip mall with it. A good place to go for buying control line planes, Cox 0.409 engines, etc.