• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

I'm hearing more and more good things about Ridley Scott's "The Martian."

Sounds like real, hard science fiction; which is rare as hen's teeth in Hollywood.

LINK

I dunno...the last time I saw Damon in a movie, he was trying to throw Matthew McConaughey down an ice chasm.

hm

Great Trailer. Did you watch Daredevil Netflix yet?

Yes. I loved it. I thought it slowed down a little in the last few episodes, and I'm not a fan of the suit, but I thought it was an awesome show.

I'm really enjoying Powers too. It's not in the same class at all, it's low budget and looks it, but the story is well done.

Sounds like real, hard science fiction; which is rare as hen's teeth in Hollywood.

LINK

I dunno...the last time I saw Damon in a movie, he was trying to throw Matthew McConaughey down an ice chasm.

hm

Studio Exec 1: "We have to get Matt Damon for this part."

Studio Exec 2: "Why?"

Studio Exec 1: "Because he's already been on other movie planets and will be accepted by the public."

Studio Exec 2: :facepalm:

Yes. I loved it. I thought it slowed down a little in the last few episodes, and I'm not a fan of the suit, but I thought it was an awesome show.

I'm really enjoying Powers too. It's not in the same class at all, it's low budget and looks it, but the story is well done.

Ditch you have great taste in programs. (thumbs u

So, I'm reading Helter Skelter for the first time...it's pretty creepy.

Today, I had to go to Ventura, so I decided to take the 118 back.

On the way is Spahn Movie Ranch, which is where the Manson family spent much of 1968 and 1969, and where Donald Shea was murdered.

I didn't know exactly where it was.

I drove down Santa Susana Pass, hoping to see some sort of sign, but there wasn't.

Came home, and did some Google map exploring....I had actually pulled over right at the ranch at one point. The buildings are all gone, and there's a gate, but I was there. Next time I'm up there, I'll see if I can't explore on foot. The place is a state park now.

:whee:

LINK

hm

You say that like it's a bad thing

Ditch you have great taste in programs. (thumbs u

Thanks. :)

So, I'm reading Helter Skelter for the first time...it's pretty creepy.

Today, I had to go to Ventura, so I decided to take the 118 back.

On the way is Spahn Movie Ranch, which is where the Manson family spent much of 1968 and 1969, and where Donald Shea was murdered.

I didn't know exactly where it was.

I drove down Santa Susana Pass, hoping to see some sort of sign, but there wasn't.

Came home, and did some Google map exploring....I had actually pulled over right at the ranch at one point. The buildings are all gone, and there's a gate, but I was there. Next time I'm up there, I'll see if I can't explore on foot. The place is a state park now.

:whee:

I read an article years ago from someone who gained an interview with Manson. He said Manson told him that if he could get him out of there he'd take him into the desert and show him things that would blow his mind.

CopperAgeKids - strike - 7 day suspension

Seven day suspension -

Inappropriate posting

No politics - remove the political link from your signature.

No promoting or selling competitors and their products on this site. CGC and Raw books only please.

Seven day suspension -

Inappropriate posting

No promoting or selling competitors and their products on this site. CGC and Raw books only please.

Correction: 14 days. Forgot to check recent strikes.

I was going to point that out. :grin:

Seven day suspension -

Inappropriate posting

Correction: 14 days. Forgot to check recent strikes.

I was going to point that out. :grin:

I hit the nofity button on his sigline, after I asked him in a post to remove it. I don't know if he saw my post, but he didn't remove the link. I may not have been the only one, but it's nice to see a response. No politics means no politics. Take it to the town hall.