• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Farmer Logan loves vine-ripened tomatoes.

Are those tomato seedlings?

Yeah, the two rows he's standing in are Beefsteak tomatoes. The other cells are shade flowers.

I need to get some peppers going.

Yeah, the two rows he's standing in are Beefsteak tomatoes. The other cells are shade flowers.

Do you have a greenhouse?

No. I just start them inside. After they sprout I move them into the shade outside before they are transplanted. I'm doing container veggie gardens on the patio this year. I swear, two of those beefsteak tomato plants will feed the entire neighborhood.

No. I just start them inside. After they sprout I move them into the shade outside before they are transplanted. I'm doing container veggie gardens on the patio this year. I swear, two of those beefsteak tomato plants will feed the entire neighborhood.

I have the space to build a greenhouse, plus the land to have a nice garden, but not the drive to get it done.

Sigh.

I have the space to build a greenhouse, plus the land to have a nice garden, but not the drive to get it done.

Sigh.

Big gardens are a lot of work. You might try a container garden. Get a couple of 15 gallon pots, some soil and seeds and you're good to go. Super easy to water by hand.

Hey, come down and use my land in exchange for the produce.

:D

snooty.gif

I've got topsoil....

Fresh, beautiful, unused topsoil....

At least a 1/10th of an acre's worth...

I've got a palm treeeee.....

(Skip to :50)

Ive been doing what shellhead is...started some seedlings,tomato,chillis,sweet peppers inside,and moving them out back to the small,3foot by 6 spot my landlord gave me out back.its a three foot wide,twenty foot long ,about two feet deep area she built up at the back of the buildings lot,parking area.Really special,as i live on the second floor of a Victorian tenement in the heart of Chinatown in Capital City.....I can look out my back windows and see my own little victory garden.I also started a few stalks of corn in fifteen gallon pots,not sure how that will work.I buy organic stuff seldom as the price is high,but always save seeds to plant.also have some indoor dill and basil started,and the nice folks beside me,eighty years plus,always share the beans and odd,to me,Asian veggies they grow.I also try and grow stuff on the rooftop,started late last year,so we will see how it goes this summer.

Its nifty to have an urban jungle grow area.im lucky!