• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

It's funny. There would likely be no Pink Floyd without Syd Barrett and yet the Pink Floyd we know today would likely not have existed had Syd been okay and not left.

Yeah, Syd's mental health issues allowed Waters to "shine."

How they ever made the transition from flash-in-the-pan Psychedelic Space Rock to what they eventually became is beyond me. Of course, despite all of PF's criticisms of the music industry (songs like "Welcome to the Machine") they were nurtured and allowed to grow.

Have you guys seen this?

USK7F8E.jpg

Every issue of ACE will feature:

Interviews with top comic book creators

Previews and reviews of the latest comics

Features on upcoming comics-based film, television, and digital media, plus news and opinion

An accurate and thorough price guide keeping an eye on hot books
• Convention listings, market reports, and Webwatch

Plus more features, including looks at up-and-coming creators

ACE - All Comics Evaluated (Website)

ACE - All Comics Evaluated (Facebook)

Anyone know if there is any relationship to the previous grading company, ACE (Accurate Comic Evaluators)?

The logos are very similar.

B7SgxET.jpg

So far, I don't see a connection between the two companies.

$7.99 an issue. Looks like it's published quarterly.

I'm curious as to what kind of a price guide could be contained within the few pages of a magazine.

Looks like they're taking a break:

"While we're on hiatus considering retooling the magazine, you can grab all three issues of ACE for only $20.00!"

Yeah, you're right. In the comments, someone asked about Part 2 of some story promised in issue #4 which hasn't been published yet.

Here's the TOC. Looks like the price guide is only 54 pages long.

ajCadpG.jpg

I would love to see this...

HBO Watchmen Series

I don't know.

If they went with the original story, it would seem played out as we have already seen/read it twice before.

If they go with the Before Watchmen stuff it could be good but in the end you still know where it is going to end up so it would not be very satisfying. To me anyways.

HBO Watchmen Series

I don't know.

If they went with the original story, it would seem played out as we have already seen/read it twice before.

If they go with the Before Watchmen stuff it could be good but in the end you still know where it is going to end up so it would not be very satisfying. To me anyways.

I was thinking they could create new material within the Before era. They'd have a lot of freedom and space.

HBO Watchmen Series

I don't know.

I was thinking they could create new material within the Before era. They'd have a lot of freedom and space.

Agreed.

It still leaves what we know is inevitably to come. It is hard for me to become invested because of that.

HBO Watchmen Series

I don't know.

Agreed.

It still leaves what we know is inevitably to come. It is hard for me to become invested because of that.

True.

I'm just hungry for a "good" comic book-based TV series. I'm either bored or insulted with the current lot.

Off topic...but I saw the first two episodes of Limitless and liked it. Made me laugh a few times too.

HBO Watchmen Series

I don't know.

Agreed.

True.

I'm just hungry for a "good" comic book-based TV series. I'm either bored or insulted with the current lot.

Off topic...but I saw the first two episodes of Limitless and liked it. Made me laugh a few times too.

Lots of potential with comic book series. You did see Daredevil right? I can't remember.