• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Near Dark

^^

Imaginary points :whee:

I'll always remember the first time I watched Near Dark... thinking how cool it was they never used the word "vampire".

If I owned a movie theater, I'd have a midnight showing double-feature of Near Dark and Lost Boys.

It would be epic.

And then maybe this movie?

Interview%20with%20the%20Vampire%20-%20I%20love%20c_zpsjgbbdida.gif

lol

I've read all the Anne Rice books and love them.

I always felt that movie was a lot better than the critical reviews.

With the success of TRUE BLOOD and everything Vampyre lately, it seems like a no-brainer that someone should pick up the rights and create a long-running series.

I loved the Anne Rice Lestat series, even though the last two books felt a bit rushed. I think Interview was done extremely tastefully and pretty accurate. The Queen of the Damned however...I don't think I finished watching it.

As for True Blood, never seen it. Twilight, never seen it. I'm sure they are terrible. I grew up with Lost Boys, Salem's Lot and Dracula. Those were good times.

As for True Blood, never seen it. Twilight, never seen it. I'm sure they are terrible. I grew up with Lost Boys, Salem's Lot and Dracula. Those were good times.

I tried to watch Twilight and Hunger Games...just couldn't get into them. It's like they were written for pre-teens or something.

I tried to watch Twilight and Hunger Games...just couldn't get into them. It's like they were written for pre-teens or something.

Which to me is funny. In my pre-teens I was reading Stephen King heavily lol

I totally admit that I didn't understand a lot of the context, but I understood enough to really enjoy that period of writing.

I totally admit that I didn't understand a lot of the context, but I understood enough to really enjoy that period of writing.

I read The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov for the first time as a pre-teen...so yeah, it's kinda weird. But then I liked a lot of childish things back then too. Still do. lol

I read The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov for the first time as a pre-teen...so yeah, it's kinda weird. But then I liked a lot of childish things back then too. Still do. lol

lol Totally. I was the only one I knew that collected the Tracy figures from the movie