• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

I'm the same way, I don't like crowds so I get there as early as possible to avoid them. 

On Sunday morning, I tried 'Smart & Final,' but they were out of everything - the whole store was picked over from the day before, and there was a sign on the door that said "Limit of 2 packages of meat or chicken per person."  I then tried 'Trader Joe's, but they didn't open up for an hour and there was already a line of people about 100 meters long waiting to get in.  So I chickened out (no pun intended) and went home.

Monday morning I hit 'Safeway' as soon as they opened.  They were crowded, but not too bad.  The store was stocked pretty well except for meat and fowl (which was completely gone), and I had no problem finding a good selection of frozen entrees.  My guess is that as soon as everyone's freezers are full the meat and chicken will become available again.

A lot of people around here are using 'Online Shopping/Delivery.'  So far I haven't heard any complaints, so that might be the way to go if it's offered in your area.  I might give it a try.

Some of the grocery stores that are 24 hours have said they will close at 9-10pm and use the overnight shift specifically to restock so that shelves stay full during the day. 

1 minute ago, steveinthecity said:

Some of the grocery stores that are 24 hours have said they will close at 9-10pm and use the overnight shift specifically to restock so that shelves stay full during the day. 

That's a good idea.

I forgot to mention, 'Target' was pretty well stocked...I'd say maybe 50% full.  They were out of eggs and milk in the gallon size, but had milk in smaller sizes.  They had a lot of canned goods too.  I had the feeling that a lot of people forgot Target sold food.  :)

1 minute ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

That's a good idea.

I forgot to mention, 'Target' was pretty well stocked...I'd say maybe 50% full.  They were out of eggs and milk in the gallon size, but had milk in smaller sizes.  They had a lot of canned goods too.  I had the feeling that a lot of people forgot Target sold food.  :)

I think I forgot, too.  Until just now. lol

1 hour ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

That might be a better movie.  :cry:

You are in deep trouble when a bunch of hippies start wiggling their finger at ya.

1 hour ago, kav said:
2 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

That might be a better movie.  :cry:

You are in deep trouble when a bunch of hippies start wiggling their finger at ya.

Reminds me of...