• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Men 11-11-12

28 posts in this topic

I've watched a few episodes recently, after reading all the posts on the boards and for the most part, I think the reason the show doesn't resonate well is the store staff.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I really don't feel compelled to watch the show because they really don't grab my attention and I can't really relate well to their personnas. Perhaps they are not endearing???

The whole bit about them in a radio station round table setting also leaves me wanting. I mean, if I wanted to listen to Kevin Smith tell stories and try to be funny, I'll watch his movies.

At least they arent saying Ironman 1 is worth more than a Daredevil 1 this episode.

Naw, they're just saying that Iron Man #55 is a $100 book in NM. lol

Wish I could find a NM IM #55 for $100 :cry:

I've watched a few episodes recently, after reading all the posts on the boards and for the most part, I think the reason the show doesn't resonate well is the store staff.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I really don't feel compelled to watch the show because they really don't grab my attention and I can't really relate well to their personnas. Perhaps they are not endearing???

You're 100% right on this. I actually came to this conclusion and stopped watching.

You're 100% right on this. I actually came to this conclusion and stopped watching.

I think my big problem is that no one was likable- "endearing" may be a better word. All the characters just seems like such asses. They were also really mean to one another and it makes you wonder if they are even friends.

I watched a few episodes one night when I couldn't sleep. The show hasn't crossed my mind since.

The whole bit about them in a radio station round table setting also leaves me wanting. I mean, if I wanted to listen to Kevin Smith tell stories and try to be funny, I'll watch his movies.

Isnt the radio station stuff straight from his pod casts? Where Kevin spends most of his time talking comic books and such? I actually think that's the best part of an otherwise boring show