• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparkle City Comics Auction

27 posts in this topic

In my opinion...

All Select #1 5.0 - $4725 = Draw

All Select #2 8.0 - $7101 = Huge Advantage Bidder/winner

All Star Comics #1 7.5 - $6155 = Draw

Batman #1 2.5 -$30,130 = Advantage Bidder (a 2.0 just sold for more) I suspect seller is happy tho

Batman #47 8.0 - $5250 = Draw

Captain America Comics #1 7.0 - $63,700 = HUGE Advantage Bidder/winner BIG TIME

Captain America Comics #74 4.0 - $4167 = Advantage Seller

Detective Comics #33 4.5 - $17,200 = Slight advantage seller

USA #6 4.0 - $4045 = Slight advantage seller

Agreed more or less on the Cap 1...not the greatest eye appeal for the grade, but nice enough.

In my opinion the Cap 1 went for about what it should have gone for. There was a tremendous amount of hype and expectation after the Avengers and Cap movies. There had been few nice copies available in the time leading up to the two copies auctioned earlier in the year. They sold for very high prices (70 - 80K) in relation to what they would have sold for a couple of years earlier (40 - 50K). Those results created a big gap. This third copy fit nicely in that gap.

In my opinion the Cap 1 went for about what it should have gone for. There was a tremendous amount of hype and expectation after the Avengers and Cap movies. There had been few nice copies available in the time leading up to the two copies auctioned earlier in the year. They sold for very high prices (70 - 80K) in relation to what they would have sold for a couple of years earlier (40 - 50K). Those results created a big gap. This third copy fit nicely in that gap.

Although I agree about the hype I can't agree that the two 7.0 copies sold for above what they should have earlier this year... considering where low grade copies and blue with resto copies were selling I think the 80-90 range was exactly where those 7.0s should have been. This one is the oddball really on the low side imo. Only time will tell if it is a true market correction or a lucky anomaly when we see other mid+ grades hit the block down the road. I would not be surprised to see that book get flipped for double or more in early 2014. :o

I wanted that USA #7 ><.

3rd time in the last couple months where I put in a stupid high bid only to see it go for more.

How much is the coverless USA 6 worth?

I feel your pain, I've been going through some recent disappointments as well.