• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-Men #9

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. As I have mentioned before, I have an opportunity to get Stan Lee's signature this weekend and I am trying to determine which book to have him sign. I think I have narrowed it down, but then I just remembered I own this book, so I thought I'd throw it out there too. Even though there's no obvious place for a signature, except, judging by the previous owner, apparently on the logo. hm

This is an interesting book. A couple of notes on it. I honestly didn't even notice the dust shadow along the front cover right edge until I saw the scan, it doesn't show up this nearly this strongly in hand. I'm not sure how I missed it though. :makepoint: It's certainly more obvious on the back cover thanks to the white background.

Also, the book is apparently slightly miscut, which again is not really obvious looking at the front but becomes fairly obvious when you look at the back cover. It looks like the top edge was cut crooked.

The book looks nicer in hand than in these scans, very nice color to it. I'm not sure what the dust shadow will do to the grade, so I'm curious to see what you all think.

Page quality is off-white.

SCAN0221.jpg

xmen9back.jpg

Crease on back and the chip/hole, bottom left

Possible tear at top staple on back ?

Aside from the foxing the front looks great,even with the initials :)

I think that's dirt at the top staple, though I don't actually have the book in hard at the moment to double check. But I think it's dirt.