• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con - Jan 25, 26, 27

81 posts in this topic

John- comparing the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON and other genre shows in Phoenix is like apples and oranges. AMAZING is a straight up comic book convention. We will have a ton of comics on the show floor, the main guests are always tied directly to the comics, and we have a packed artist alley. Given that we/JayCompany have come from a background exhibiting at shows for 20 years, we have kept the even event very much in that wheel house...

As for occupying all 3 days, this is definitely your cool,. but we're packing the event with 2-3 tracks of programming over the weekend. There's nothing we are putting on the schedule that we wouldn't be happy to check out as fans.

Ultimately it's your call.

And Joel-thanks for the kind words. We work hard on putting together these events. Whether it is the annual AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON or the Image Comic Expo we put together last spring, or even the 11th hour save job working for Las Vegas Comic Expo- I'm proud of the work that we put forth. I feel like I'm accessible to fans, exhibitors, and Pros alike, and strive for each event to be better than the last.

John- comparing the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON and other genre shows in Phoenix is like apples and oranges. AMAZING is a straight up comic book convention. We will have a ton of comics on the show floor, the main guests are always tied directly to the comics, and we have a packed artist alley. Given that we/JayCompany have come from a background exhibiting at shows for 20 years, we have kept the even event very much in that wheel house...

As for occupying all 3 days, this is definitely your cool,. but we're packing the event with 2-3 tracks of programming over the weekend. There's nothing we are putting on the schedule that we wouldn't be happy to check out as fans.

Ultimately it's your call.

And Joel-thanks for the kind words. We work hard on putting together these events. Whether it is the annual AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON or the Image Comic Expo we put together last spring, or even the 11th hour save job working for Las Vegas Comic Expo- I'm proud of the work that we put forth. I feel like I'm accessible to fans, exhibitors, and Pros alike, and strive for each event to be better than the last.

Access your PM please. :baiting:

Ed

I'll be there with a lot of great back issues, most books that were at Phoenix Con will be 50% off. I'll have a good supply of precode horror, horror mags, and some nice runs of Marvel bronze. I'll have some odd ball stuff too. It should be a good show.

Does anyone know if CGC will be there for sig series?

CGC will have a booth at the show so you can go there and get Signature Series books done. I believe there will be at least 1 facilitator as well that's coming and getting a booth.

As for the guest list, I expect updates will be coming in the next couple weeks but I can't speak for them. :) I'm now looking forward to going through mldynes's booth so maybe I am coming on Friday.

CGC will have a booth at the show so you can go there and get Signature Series books done. I believe there will be at least 1 facilitator as well that's coming and getting a booth.

As for the guest list, I expect updates will be coming in the next couple weeks but I can't speak for them. :) I'm now looking forward to going through mldynes's booth so maybe I am coming on Friday.

What about my booths? Where is the love Joel? :foryou:

Ed R

Ed R

Ed, you have so much good stuff you can bankrupt me... :) I can't afford to stop by for the fear of temptation... :)

Joel

Ed R

Ed, you have so much good stuff you can bankrupt me... :) I can't afford to stop by for the fear of temptation... :)

Joel

But I give great deals so never know. Just got back a TNMT #1- 9.2 white pages. :baiting:

Ed

Ed R

Joel

But I give great deals so never know. Just got back a TNMT #1- 9.2 white pages. :baiting:

Ed

1st print tmnt 1? Oh Ed you have my attention... :) I guess I need to sell some books before Jan 25th... :)

Joel

Ed R

Joel

Ed

1st print tmnt 1? Oh Ed you have my attention... :) I guess I need to sell some books before Jan 25th... :)

Joel

First print- looks awesome in the holder. :devil:

I know I'll be stopping by Ed's booth.

:banana:

If any Board Members send me a want list, I will hold any books off it until you can check them out (up till Friday afternoon unless other arrangements are made). I will also guarantee a discount to any Board Members.

Hope to see lots of you this year at both the AMazing ComicCon and the Phoenix ComicCon Memorial Day week-end. I will have 50 long boxes of Dollar books with mostly Bronze and Copper Marvel and DCs.

Just thought i would check in with the board...

We started adding Exhibitors and Artist Alley to the website. You can find the list here ------>

http://amazingarizonacomiccon.com/exhibitors/exhibitor-list/

As more vendors and AACreators pay, we will be including their names on the site.

We will have more Guests announced soon. I'm waiting on paperwork and final confirmations. It's hard resisting to throwing the names who will be joining headliner JIM LEE.

And although we have listed ticket pricing on the site, we are waiting on Ticket Master to release these through their outlets, both online and live.

For Hotels, we have secured a block Marriott Renaissance.

Pricing and codes will be on the site soon.

More updates coming