• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 42 - Print Error Double Cover?

10 posts in this topic

I picked this up today at my LCS, I'm more of a DC guy and rarely by SA Marvelit's but this is the first silver-age double cover I have found.

I will try to post a couple scans when I get home from work, for now pictures will have to do.

I couldn't find much on google so I have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me with;

If I submit for grading how does CGC handle the grade to a double cover book, does the label make note of it? Is it worth having this issue graded with this error? Does the outer cover lower the grade or do they base it off the inner cover since it is the one that is supposed to be there? Also, would they green or blue label a book like this?

Thanks in advance everyone!

IMG_0133.jpg

image sharing

IMG_0134.jpg

image ru

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

image ru

IMG_0137.jpg

photo uploader

CGC will give you two grades -- one for the outer cover and one for the inner cover. Blue label. The outer cover appears to be at least a 6.5, possibly 7.0. OW/W pages. But I don't see the inner cover. (?)

Picture 3 is the inner cover :)

Wow, the inner cover looks almost exactly like the outer cover, with the crease to boot. So I will call it: outer 6.5 and inner 7.0.