• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Case Markings

6 posts in this topic

Hey, I recently bought the Ethan Van Sciver Batman 1 cover. It has some marking either inside the the case or on the book (doubt its on the book cause its a 9.8). Is this common? Does it hurt the value? I contacted the seller and he said that this is normal and most of his slabs have this.

QNBXy.jpg

I have the option to return it, I'm torn because it's a double SS and there are only 50ish on the registry.

There should be a grading company that grades the CGC slab and encases it in a larger slab.

I personally think there is a good market for used CGC cases and their restoration.

Too bad you can't press 'em.

I also paid 195 for it. Which isn' bad I think since most regular cover Double SS go for around 160-200.

Also this is hilarious

There should be a grading company that grades the CGC slab and encases it in a larger slab.

Many slabs have this problem. You can fix it by having the book reholdered.

To have it reholdered you can either wait till the come to a show near your or ship it down to them.

It shouldn't affect the value of the book - unless the buyer is someone who wants a 10.0 CGC slab (meaning the piece of plastic and not the book).

Many slabs have this problem. You can fix it by having the book reholdered.

To have it reholdered you can either wait till the come to a show near your or ship it down to them.

It shouldn't affect the value of the book - unless the buyer is someone who wants a 10.0 CGC slab (meaning the piece of plastic and not the book).

I don't think they take books for reholdering at shows any more. I asked about this and the option is no longer available.

Respectfully,

'mint'