• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping comics to Malaysia???

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone here ever shipped to Malaysia? I'm a bit leery because I've heard that's one place where credit card scams originate. What should I do?...Blow them off, tell them I don't ship there? Or is there a way to take an iron clad payment from there? I'm so confused.

While I'm here I just want to express my gratitude to you guys (and gals!) There really is no other place that has the depth and breadth of knowledge that the board has. I spend way too much time here when I should be working but I never come away without having learned something.

My humble thanks flowerred.gif

Has anyone here ever shipped to Malaysia? I'm a bit leery because I've heard that's one place where credit card scams originate. What should I do?...Blow them off, tell them I don't ship there? Or is there a way to take an iron clad payment from there? I'm so confused.

While I'm here I just want to express my gratitude to you guys (and gals!) There really is no other place that has the depth and breadth of knowledge that the board has. I spend way too much time here when I should be working but I never come away without having learned something.

My humble thanks flowerred.gif

I suggest you take a look at this thread....

daunting but feasible

Oh, right, Newt had the same question, I forgot. I don't know how they will be paying. I shouldn't even worry about it right now, they haven't won anything yet, they just asked about a shipping quote. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks Rob!

I had an old message board buddy from a gaming site years ago that collected Marvel Comics who was Malaysian.

So it could be legit.

He could only afford cheap modern readers tough...

Just becareful if they try buying big doller comics with a credit card.

Money laundrying with a stolen CC... gossip.gifforeheadslap.gif

I have shipped a comic to Malaysia. The buyer paid via Western Union Auction Services/BIDPAY. Comic got there promptly (it was shipped via GPM, I believe), and the customer even left me positive feedback. The book I shipped was not that valuable, and the buyer probably paid a fortune to use bidpay...so it was pretty safe to assume I was not going to be ripped off over a less than $15 comic (it may have even sold for less than $10.00, but I forget the final bid price).

Communication is the key here, and if the buyer pays promptly that is usually a great sign (I have had two low-ticket international deals go sour--one to Canada, and the U.K....and I knew I was never getting paid and needed to file for my FVF back after two weeks had gone by with no communication or heads up that payment was on its way to me).

Regards

Christopher H