• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This doesnt hurt at all - thread closed

60 posts in this topic

That Silver Streak 15 is off-the-charts cool. It's also an "ACE" book, if you look at the name just below the title. There are a few "ACE" books depicted in the Gerber Photo-Journal; none particularly high grade that I know of but all nicely presenting copies. Someone with pockets deeper than mine at the moment should pounce on this one.

I'm so pleased somebody asked me that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judex_%281963_film%29

judex1.jpg

Very fascinating, and it seems I wasn’t far. I wouldn’t have been surprised if Wilson was influenced by that, as the album seems full of reference to movies and directors, but it’s clearly stated:

Before the release of the retail version of Insurgentes, the official video for "Harmony Korine" was uploaded on YouTube by director Lasse Hoile but was later removed as a violation by main label Snapper Music. It was then later uploaded again onto YouTube.

The video utilizes surrealism techniques influenced by many classic film pieces including Luis Buñuel short subject film Un chien andalou, Judex by Georges Franju and either Hideo Nakata's Ringu or Gore Verbinski's The Ring, among others.