• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certified Collectibles Group (CCG) Acquires Classics Incorporated
3 3

1,496 posts in this topic

Chinese Wall.

That's what there needs to be.

In finance it is the term used for the information/system barrier within a firm to keep investors seperate from information that may influence those decisions.

if we change some words:

In finance comic book grading it is the term used for the information/system barrier within a firm CGC to keep investors graders separate from information (i.e. conservation/pressing/restoration work) that may influence those grading decisions.

If CGC explains how they keep the restoration/conservation work walled off from the grading work then we could feel a little more comfortable with the relationship.

Granted there are no federal laws hanging over their heads like there are for financial institutions.

but it would be a start.

If books going thru conservation before grading are in anyway noted to the graders (even just in the way they arrive at the graders table/room), then we have a clear path of concern for conflicts of interest.

I wonder what the cost of pressing will be through CGC?

I know Matt has been much more expensive than Joey in the past...I would THINK that they'd need to raise his prices even higher now. Just curious as to how that will work?Or will there be an all in one fee, press and slab specials? or remove resto and slab specials or RESTORE and slab specials....

I'm giving myself a headache;) doh! .

I'm quite familiar with a chinese wall, as an attorney. But there is zero transparency at CGC. So all you're gonna get is, "We've taken steps to make sure nothing bad happens. If you think otherwise, prove it."

I'm quite familiar with a chinese wall, as an attorney. But there is zero transparency at CGC. So all you're gonna get is, "We've taken steps to make sure nothing bad happens. If you think otherwise, prove it."

Back when I was an attorney, not only did I have a lot of cases where this issue arose, but I also had a lot of nice suits.. (thumbs u

Back when I was an attorney, not only did I have a lot of cases where this issue arose, but I also had a lot of nice suits.. (thumbs u

Transplant doesn't have nice suits. Just a leather fringed jacket, a nice pair of boots, and a cowboy hat.

Transplant doesn't have nice suits. Just a leather fringed jacket, a nice pair of boots, and a cowboy hat.

I used to have nice suits. Now I just a lot of nice business casual clothes. And, of course, a leather fringed jacket, a nice pair of boots, and a cowboy hat.

I used to have nice suits. Now I just a lot of nice business casual clothes. And, of course, a leather fringed jacket, a nice pair of boots, and a cowboy hat.

Yeah..but have you ever yelled out in a courtroom~~ YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

No. But I told a judge that he was deciding a legal issue incorrectly. Big mistake.

But I'm not afraid to tell CGC on their boards that this move is a huge perception problem.

No. But I told a judge that he was deciding a legal issue incorrectly. Big mistake.

But I'm not afraid to tell CGC on their boards that this move is a huge perception problem.

Yeah..I had huge one this morning too......

I wonder what the cost of pressing will be through CGC?

I know Matt has been much more expensive than Joey in the past...I would THINK that they'd need to raise his prices even higher now. Just curious as to how that will work?Or will there be an all in one fee, press and slab specials? or remove resto and slab specials or RESTORE and slab specials....

I'm giving myself a headache;) doh! .

Pre-screening services will be available for all books to:

- check for resto

- remove resto

- check for suitability for pressing

- pressing

- drycleaning

- taping in loose centerfolds (blue baby!)

- attching detached covers with tape (blue baby!)

And on and on. Want ur books pre-screened quicker? Introducing Fast Track pre-screening...for a pound of flesh of course.

Smart but risky business move for CGC.

Risk is in the apparent conflict of interest eroding confidence in a brand built on confidence.

No brainer for Matt & Co.

Collectors need to decide if the risk of book damage via pressing or slabbing or mailing or reading or fondling with great love & affection is worth it in any way to them.

Classic reading on the about face of PCS last time.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1139470#Post1139470

Well, we did try and tell them it was a stinker.

Don't forget this thread!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=941272&fpart=1

Those who are angry about books being pressed are only angry because pressing as a potential damage vector is profit oriented.

Those same angry few aren't angry about the damage vector know as book reading, presumably.

Those who are angry about books being pressed are only angry because pressing as a potential damage vector is profit oriented.

Those same angry few aren't angry about the damage vector know as book reading, presumably.

Some of us are angry because this thread is being hijacked into a pressing thread. Pressing is not the problem. It's a conflict of interest.

you crack me up

That was probably my best post in 12 months.

Some of us are angry because this thread is being hijacked into a pressing thread. Pressing is not the problem. It's a conflict of interest.

all 2 tru

Yes, and plus I doubt the damage vector profit orientation is presumably pressed against the comic book reading potential modulation...yeah..I know where you're coming from bro..