• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM my Hulk 181

13 posts in this topic

I've always been very happy with this copy. I'm mostly curious how much people feel the couple of noticeable spine ticks affect the grade. I've seen so many 9.4's and even 9.6's with worse spine wear than this in the last few years I'm not sure what to think anymore.

h181.jpg

h181b.jpg

9.2 as is maybe 9.4 with a press...Whatever the grade is it is a sweet copy..I have a 9.0 and your copy looks better than that. I think there are 2 corners that are blunted a tad if they were razor sharp and no other unseen defects you might have a shot at a 9.6

Eh?

The colour breaking creases will still be colour breaking creases after a press.

They will just look prettier.

Should be a 9.2, maybe 9.4 if the grader got lucky last night.

Kidding.

9.2 - 9.4 all day.

I think a press will take it from a 9.2 to a 9.4. Those 3 or so spine stresses get hammered drastically!! Maybe because it's Hulk 181 they'll be more lenient on it. Don't know. The press will take out the finger bends on the top back cover also. That alone should boost it up one grade (9.2-9.4 or 9.4-9.6) and when you're talking about that book, that's a big money difference between those grades.

It would be worth the investment to get that book pressed before grading.

I have a book that has one of those lines that got beat up! Good luck and let us all know what it gets if you send it in. But definitely press. Have I mentioned that yet?

I agree that it is a 9.2 and possibly higher because of the key book. I swear a lot of the time I see key books get away with more.

I agree with that, I had an Avengers #4 that I was sure a 6 come back as a 7.0 from CGC. I don't think there is a single person on this board that would call it a 7.0 book.