• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brick-n-Mortar shopkeeps heed my call....

27 posts in this topic

Curious as to how many of your young (12-18 yrs of age) patrons that you see migrating from the current titles to avid collectors (bronze-silver-etc). Any predictions on what these perceived trends may have on the future of our beloved hobby?

Thanks,

Red

Curious as to how many of your young (12-18 yrs of age) patrons that you see migrating from the current titles to avid collectors (bronze-silver-etc). Any predictions on what these perceived trends may have on the future of our beloved hobby?

Thanks,

Red

Collectors shouldn't be able to buy anything other then moderns until they have been collecting for atleast 10 years. sumo.gif

tongue.gif

Thanks,

Red

Collectors shouldn't be able to buy anything other then moderns until they have been collecting for atleast 10 years. sumo.gif

tongue.gif

glad you didnt run my lcs when I started collecting! foreheadslap.gif

Thanks,

Red

tongue.gif

I didnt realize JC had a shill? stooges.gif

Curious as to how many of your young (12-18 yrs of age) patrons that you see migrating from the current titles to avid collectors (bronze-silver-etc).

Don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen.

I was going to say people 12-18 buy comics still???

They may be in the store, but they are more likely to be buying stuff like YuGiOh cards than comic books. frown.gif

didn't read about a kid spending $1,500 for a book here?????? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They may be in the store, but they are more likely to be buying stuff like YuGiOh cards than comic books. frown.gif

didn't read about a kid spending $1,500 for a book here?????? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1 kid does not the future of a hobby make. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1 kid does not the future of a hobby make. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

no but it doesn't hurt confused-smiley-013.gif

Collectors age 12-18 are buying Heroclix, hockey/sports cards, action figures, maquettes, bobbleheads, tpb's. I see young kids 6-11 buying YuGiOh cards & going thru the 4 for $1 bin. flowerred.gif

there in the store baby-steps ....baby-steps

Collectors age 12-18 are buying Heroclix, hockey/sports cards, action figures, maquettes, bobbleheads, tpb's. I see young kids 6-11 buying YuGiOh cards & going thru the 4 for $1 bin. flowerred.gif

Just face the facts. Unfortunately todays kids are not interested in comics. It is sad, but true.

Just face the facts. Unfortunately todays kids are not interested in comics. It is sad, but true.

just us old 893censored-thumb.gifers left then agh...the memories cloud9.gif

Thanks,

Red

Agreed. They should also relinquish their HG SA Marvels immediately. sumo.gifsumo.gif

tongue.gif

just us old 893censored-thumb.gifers left then agh...the memories cloud9.gif

I really really miss a good store. Tons in Boston and surrounding areas and crapola here. Half the fun is getting to know the owner, clerks and denizens. The other half is just having a place to go regularly where you can actually SEE the book in the flesh, so to speak.