• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for Mike Forrester's FLATROCK02 Family

248 posts in this topic

I don't want to muddy up this thread so I just wanted to mention I am going to run a quick auction for Mike's family in this same forum room in a new thread.

God Bless this place and the people that care so much about others. I am thankful for all of you and for having enough to care for my family and give back something to something that needs it more than I do.

Superman 74 CGC 9.4 white (tied 1 of 2 for top census) (1952)

I will have a scan up later hopefully tonight but at least by the end of the weekend.

$3500 (well below the $5k ask price that was set for the other copy that exists)

All proceeds will go to the family.

I will have a scan up later hopefully tonight but at least by the end of the weekend.

$3500 (well below the $5k ask price that was set for the other copy that exists)

(worship)

:applause:

Very kind and generous of you Brian :foryou:

Will you be sending it ASAP or like last time?

It depends upon who buys. If it is you, it will be a while.

PS: Ate delicious sliced beef pho yesterday. :luhv:

I'm still waiting for Cretella's book so you aren't the worst.

Haunt of Fear 26 Cream to off white pages. One of the best issues in the run. VG 50.00 shipped(money should be sent directly to Mike's Paypal) :news: SOLD :news:

hof26front001.jpg

hof26back001.jpg

Haunt of Fear 26 Cream to off white pages. One of the best issues in the run. VG 50.00 shipped(money should be sent directly to Mike's Paypal)

hof26front001.jpg

hof26back001.jpg

take

^^

Thanks, Jay!

Aliens, Predator, Terminator large lot. All these books were original buys off of Diamond Distributors back in the 80’s. $50 SOLD

Aliens- Original mini-series from Dark Horse. All first prints, issues 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 all around 8.5-9.0 mostly because the black really exposes any flaws.

Aliens #2 (1990), Aliens #3 (1990), Aliens Earth Wars 3, Aliens Earth Wars 4, Dark Horse Presents 34, Dark Horse Presents 36 (blue cover)), Dark Horse Presents 36 (black cover). Grade ranges from 8.5-9.2

Predator 1 (9.4), 3 (8.5), 4 (9.4)

Terminator (Dark Horse) 3 (9.4)

Terminator the Burning Earth 4 (9.2)

I’ll try to get some scans up later if no one BIN’s them soon.

What a herculean display of humanity … awesome beyond words !!!

SOLD!!

Another "double duty" item from a previous charity thread.

Shiverbones Original Art.

Oil on canvas 5"x7", "The Candy Rat". $400 shipped anywhere. All proceeds to the family.

While the pic below represents the image very well, I have to say I had a jaw-dropping "Wow!" when I unpacked it, it's even better in hand.

3746364781_5377dc9d58_o.jpg

Just found this in a box of books of store stock stashed away for over 10 years. Unfortunately, a few flaws that should press out:

New Mutants 98 that should press to a 9.6 or 9.8. $150

Visible flaws under bright light: Spine tick about 2 mm below bottom staple; Light stress marks in the black under “New” urf; back cover corner ding. In my opinion, although never having had a book pressed, these look like defects that can be pressed out. Anyone please chime in if I am wrong or if they can add to the description of this book. I’ll try to load the monster size images. PM me if you want the .jpg files for closer scrutiny.

newmutants98front.jpg

newmutants98back.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/newmutants98front.jpg/

I would like to donate the following book Weird War Tales #1 CGC 8.5 C/OW

I don't have a scan right now but will get it up by the weekend it has 3 sales in this grade between $146.00 and the last sale of $191.00 I'll ask $175 Payable to Mike's family and I'll cover shipping cost plus.

Just found this in a box of books of store stock stashed away for over 10 years. Unfortunately, a few flaws that should press out:

New Mutants 98 that should press to a 9.6 or 9.8. $150

Visible flaws under bright light: Spine tick about 2 mm below bottom staple; Light stress marks in the black under “New” urf; back cover corner ding. In my opinion, although never having had a book pressed, these look like defects that can be pressed out. Anyone please chime in if I am wrong or if they can add to the description of this book. I’ll try to load the monster size images. PM me if you want the .jpg files for closer scrutiny.

newmutants98front.jpg

newmutants98back.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/newmutants98front.jpg/

:takeit: