• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction for Mike Forrester's FLATROCK02 Family

39 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

In giving thanks for what we all have and how lucky we are to have our loved ones around us I wanted to do something out of the ordinary to benefit Mike's widow and young daughter.

As you've all probably seen in Sharon's Charity Sales Thread so many of you are already pitching in to help get them through their first holiday season without their husband and father.

Let's do all we can.

With that in mind I am going to auction off an item that's appeared in more comic books than Rocket Raccoon......TWINKIES!!!

twinkies-still-in-business.jpg

The winner of this auction...will get a full, sealed, FRESH box of TWINKIES in their choice of Chocolate or Original.

hostess_twinkies_box.jpg

As well I will make a 300% matching donation to Mike's family, directly, up to $500.

So if this box goes for $175 Mike's family will get $675!!!!

The winner will experience how much sweeter these treats taste when they've benefited a family in need at the same time.

I reserve the right to bid on my own item if Mike's family isn't getting enough. :grin:

We'll run this for a couple of days to give all the travelers, turkey-coma victims, and slackers a chance to get in on the fun.

POST YOUR BIDS IN THE THREAD!!!

Excellent Idea Comix4fun (as with Sharon's sales thread)... These boards are littered with excellent people that continued to amaze me. (thumbs u

I'll fire up the bidding as Moetown :cloud9: twinkies.

$100.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

I think this should be in modern...or should they? :devil:

Thanks Moetown.

I really want to try and ease their burden over the holidays.

It's probably too soon and too much to try and put a smile on their faces but if they sleep a little easier then these boards have served their purpose.

Very generous of you to do.

I think this should be in modern...or should they? :devil:

The appearances of Twinkies in comics are strictly BRONZE!

$175 No chocolate (tsk)

:applause: And Dave (MoeTown) Pm'd me and mentioned he would be making a $150 donation towards Mike's family regardless if he was the high bidder. So she'll get that cash too.

So far, with these two great guys and my matching donation we are up to $825 in donations from one box of twinkies and some great boardies.

Let's keep it going!!!!

Is the auction over? ???

No!

Moetown decided to make his $150 bid a donation regardless of the outcome.

Right now the bid it at $175 and OPEN for increases!!