• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing errors

9 posts in this topic

I haven't subbed any books thus far with printing errors, and i'm curious to know what the opinions here on any grade reductions for it? If the rest of the book is near perfect (slam dunk 9.8), can this book still get that grade with this flaw? I've seen some REALLY bad miswraps and bindery tears get 9.8's? 072A24B4-D19C-405C-8F46-40437D8C261B-11141-000007E80912D3D3.jpg

My opinion is completely different in that I believe i can find the book without this printing error "defect" and therefore these types of printing errors should be considered when grading. I do not think that Wolverine is a 10 gem mint at all and I certainly would never pay the price the case demands ( it sold for $14,000.00 ).

Example:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121248&lotNo=10528#Photo

This 9.8 will likely be under 200 dollars and doesn't have the ugly ink blobs at the top, nor the dot blob in the W that is on the copy in the gem mint 10 case.

The 9.8 is a much superior copy in my opinion.

I suppose this may answer my question. I don't mind it that much because the book seems to have this issue on many occasions. Like the cutting on ASM 300. If it is someones here's book, I apologize and will remove it, even though I find the production flaw acceptable. Now miswraps drive me nuts! 6F0CA2CF-E8F8-4D9C-A99A-182744209D72-12524-0000091C38D2EA19.jpg

My opinion is completely different in that I believe i can find the book without this printing error "defect" and therefore these types of printing errors should be considered when grading. I do not think that Wolverine is a 10 gem mint at all and I certainly would never pay the price the case demands ( it sold for $14,000.00 ).

Example:

This 9.8 will likely be under 200 dollars and doesn't have the ugly ink blobs at the top, nor the dot blob in the W that is on the copy in the gem mint 10 case.

I agree. A 10.0 should be perfect in EVERY way. If the same book came along without the production defect how can they grade it any higher? At least a 9.9 would give some room to move.

Example:

I agree. A 10.0 should be perfect in EVERY way. If the same book came along without the production defect how can they grade it any higher? At least a 9.9 would give some room to move.

an 11? (shrug) Really though, I agree the wolverine should have been a 9.9 at best. Mainly due to the page quality more than that printing error.