• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Buffyverse.

13 posts in this topic

Anybody reading the Dark Horse issues? I recently caught up with BTVS Season 8 (somewhat of a disaster) and the IDW Angel comics (excellent stuff) and will now try and read the DH books as they come out.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9: #1-#15

A massive improvement on Season 8 - but that wouldn't have been difficult and that season only really went downhill after about 15 issues so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this. Good writing, great covers and controversial stories that have had the 'loyal' fans (obsessives) complaining in their droves.

Angel and Faith: #1-#14.

Incorporated as part of BTVS Season 9 once the Angel character went back to Dark Horse from IDW. An excellent read, set mainly in London which has helped with quirky story-lines and even an appearance from Dr Who.

Anybody reading the Dark Horse issues? I recently caught up with BTVS Season 8 (somewhat of a disaster) and the IDW Angel comics (excellent stuff) and will now try and read the DH books as they come out.

A massive improvement on Season 8 - but that wouldn't have been difficult and that season only really went downhill after about 15 issues so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this. Good writing, great covers and controversial stories that have had the 'loyal' fans (obsessives) complaining in their droves.

Incorporated as part of BTVS Season 9 once the Angel character went back to Dark Horse from IDW. An excellent read, set mainly in London which has helped with quirky story-lines and even an appearance from Dr Who.

Agree, buffy season 8 was absolutely awful, but 9 is great, got back to feeling like the show.

Angel's After the Fall and beyond was better, but Angel and Faith, like Season 9 got things back on track for a unified universe.

Agree, buffy season 8 was absolutely awful, but 9 is great, got back to feeling like the show.

Angel's After the Fall and beyond was better, but Angel and Faith, like Season 9 got things back on track for a unified universe.

I completely agree. :applause:

When the Season 8 and After The Fall were still being published, I held a poll in the modern forum to see how many here preferred which title. I was amazed to see that Season 8 was more popular than After The Fall, I thought it was really bad and got worse toward the end.

Love Season 9 of Buffy. So much better than Season 8 because its more grounded. Also love reading Angel and Faith. I love their chemistry as characters.

Yeah - both series really working so far.