• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone ever.....

19 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever let someone see (friends, family, whatever) your comics and they ended up damaging one???? What was your reaction??? and this goes for people who have booths set up at cons...Has a customer ever damaged a book you let them see...Was is high grade?

No damage to comics , BUT I have 4 Bowen mini statues of the Fantastic Four .

Came back from holiday and found Sue Storms broken , neither of my two daughters or their boyfriends admitted anything .

BUT I WAS MADDDDDD

Came back from holiday and found Sue Storms broken , neither of my two daughters or their boyfriends admitted anything .

BUT I WAS MADDDDDD

They must have had a run in with Dr. Doom. insane.gif

BUT I WAS MADDDDDD

grin.gif

Years ago while at a local flea market I remember a dealer had a table set up with some long boxes of priced comics. A young black girl and her friend (who seemed utterly bored about being there) decided to pull a comic halfway up out of a long box. Upon seeing that the comic had a price of $8.00, she said aloud; "$8 dollars for a lousy comic book?" "I'll make my own!" and proceeded to BEND the comic 90 degrees in the middle as it was sticking out of the long box. Quickly once backwards then forwards and walked away. The dealer never saw it and I believe it was an Amazing Adventures Beast issue! Ouch!

Years ago while at a local flea market I remember a dealer had a table set up with some long boxes of priced comics. A young black girl and her friend (who seemed utterly bored about being there) decided to pull a comic halfway up out of a long box. Upon seeing that the comic had a price of $8.00, she said aloud; "$8 dollars for a lousy comic book?" "I'll make my own!" and proceeded to BEND the comic 90 degrees in the middle as it was sticking out of the long box. Quickly once backwards then forwards and walked away. The dealer never saw it and I believe it was an Amazing Adventures Beast issue! Ouch!

Was it bagged and boarded whan she bent it 90 degrees!? 893whatthe.gif

Oh yeah it was, bent the board and bag!

What stunned me the most was just her attitude of "I consider it worthless so how dare you think to charge good money for this, I'll show you!" And this girl looked to be about 14-16 years old, old enough to know better.

What stunned me the most was just her attitude of "I consider it worthless so how dare you think to charge good money for this, I'll show you!" And this girl looked to be about 14-16 years old, old enough to know better.

bad karma.....some where she'll be on the receving end (what a 893censored-thumb.gif )

bad karma.....some where she'll be on the receving end (what a 893censored-thumb.gif )

So in other words some prison guard has since bent her over 90 degrees?

So in other words some prison guard has since bent her over 90 degrees?

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO not that just something she may care about wantingly(sp) destoryed.

I'm sure I'm quoting someone, but I can't remember who... anyway...

"Think how dumb the average person is. Do you realize that half of the population is dumber than that?"

George Carlin, paraphrased. thumbsup2.gif

BUT I WAS MADDDDDD

Nuh-uh... must have been Namor, since it was Sue that was broken. He likes to play rough, methinks.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

After trying too show and tell her.... My wife, who knows the value of some books. She still grabs them from the URC..... Drives me completly nuts. She see's me cringe in fear and say's "I Forgot". So she only gets too hold the slabbed ones. Yes she has dropped one.... A FF# 48 CGC 8.0 Let's just say I stand real close too her when she wants too take a look at a few book's. It still dosent register with her that these book's are excellent investments. She knows they are, jus confused-smiley-013.gift dosent get the "collecting" part of it. It has too be genetic. Her parents, who I like, wouldnt pay 50 cents for a AF #15 CGC 9.0 at a garage sale.... Ya it's genetics..........