• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Fists of) Sgt. Fury Love Fest - Post your favorite covers

88 posts in this topic

I wouldn't hold my breath. I put a 9.4 copy of Sgt Fury 24 up on eBay recently, from the CGC-unrecognized Golden State pedigree and an absolute beauty, and the highest bid was a stunning $66.99. That's almost exactly 1X 9.2 Guide... needless to say, it did not reach my reserve, which was very reasonable but not THAT reasonable. Sgt Fury prices on eBay, in all range of grades, have been underwhelming to say the least. I'm not surprised that they hardly ever get submitted or get put up for sale, it's just not worth it.

*Isolated incident.* grin.gif

Where were you when I needed you? Too busy trawling eBay for keyword spammers?

I wouldn't hold my breath. I put a 9.4 copy of Sgt Fury 24 up on eBay recently, from the CGC-unrecognized Golden State pedigree and an absolute beauty, and the highest bid was a stunning $66.99. That's almost exactly 1X 9.2 Guide... needless to say, it did not reach my reserve, which was very reasonable but not THAT reasonable. Sgt Fury prices on eBay, in all range of grades, have been underwhelming to say the least. I'm not surprised that they hardly ever get submitted or get put up for sale, it's just not worth it.

*Isolated incident.* grin.gif

Where were you when I needed you? Too busy trawling eBay for keyword spammers?

You've got me confused with someone else. I never trawl for keyword spammers. In fact, I conducted this auction recently: Amazing Fantasy #15 NM+ 9.6 CGC IT!!!!

Supapimp won, but of course, he flaked on paying me. Never responded to emails. I'm still trying to think of an especially creative way to word his NEGATIVE that I intend to leave for him.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

Thanks Redhook... I found the best site for hosting reading this forum..

So I'd like to post just a couple more classics

SGT104.jpg

or maybe this is the reality

WHATIF14.jpg

and this should also be included ( I'd also welcome some grading help

I bought it from fmy LCS at 30% off sent it in and got a 893whatthe.gifsurprise)

STRANGE135.jpg

Thanks and Enjoy

WEBHEAD

I'd give that Strange Tales an 8.5, but only because the top edge looks a little worked over. Otherwise I think it coulda gone 9.0 or 9.2.

And that Fury in outer space is a riot! Never seen that one before!

Great ST135, with the first Nick Fury/Shield story. The spine and rt. edge look so nice, I'll venture a guess the book graded at 9.4.

That "What If" story sounds really silly...

Man o fuel,

I couldn't agree with you more. I love Sgt Fury as much as any Marvel title not named FF. Great stories also, although a lot of word baloons (I guess with 7 different Howlers talking you need the extra word baloons).

I thing Sgt Fury is the most underrated title in Marvel history (that & Strange Tales). Now, if I only had the time to post some covers (4 is cool, as is 7. 16 comes to mind as well).

Great post.

Man o fuel,

I couldn't agree with you more. I love Sgt Fury as much as any Marvel title not named FF. Great stories also, although a lot of word baloons (I guess with 7 different Howlers talking you need the extra word baloons).

I thing Sgt Fury is the most underrated title in Marvel history (that & Strange Tales). Now, if I only had the time to post some covers (4 is cool, as is 7. 16 comes to mind as well).

Great post.

Doug,

Your Sgt. Fury dupes are sick! I can only image how great your keepers are. cloud9.gif

If anyone wants to see some incredible high grade Fury's, click on over to Pedigree Comics and do a search for Sgt. Fury.

Here's another cool cover. Sorry about the scan quality, it was originally a high res scan, and reducing it to fit CGC's 150KB requirement really mucks it up.

555540-Sgt%20Fury%2051a.jpg

589a8cc57bb6e_555540-SgtFury51a.jpg.dfd4089feb8037f9304c0a8a3be1d5d3.jpg

...The last 50 or so issues are extremely difficult to find...

Yes, and that's why they are so much fun to try and collect. Many, if not most, were already reprinted before, and so were passed over by all but the most die-hard Fury completionists. Issues from 150-167 are the worst.

Some recent buys. A couple of pence copies, but what the hell. At least they're in nice shape.

nfury2.jpg

nfury1.jpg

What about those gorgeous 9.4 copies sold to you by possibly the coolest seller on the planet and just a great all-around guy? cool.gif

Those overgraded pieces of [!@#%^&^]? stooges.gif

Yeah, I guess they were pretty sweet. grin.gif Golden State copies of #24 and 25. I'll post up if I have some time before I go on vacation. cloud9.gif