• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Fists of) Sgt. Fury Love Fest - Post your favorite covers

88 posts in this topic

I believe that Sgt. Fury # 1 is the least commonly offered Marvel Silver Age key in any grade. At large cons I have attended in the last few years, I usually see as few or fewer copies of it than I do of JIM # 83 or even Hulk # 1.

Definitely agree. Offered even less than TTA 27, in my opinion.

Yes, and an even better comparison. TTA 27 is a tough book - even tougher than JIM # 83 I'd say.

I own numerous issues above 100, but I'm not worried about completing the entire run. 1-100 is good enough for me.

There's only 47 more issues to go! makepoint.gif You gotta finish it! makepoint.gif

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Completing runs is a horrible disease! I need help!!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

TTA 27 is a tough book - even tougher than JIM # 83 I'd say.

TTA 27 is WAY tougher than JIM 83, in any grade.

I own numerous issues above 100, but I'm not worried about completing the entire run. 1-100 is good enough for me.

There's only 47 more issues to go! makepoint.gif You gotta finish it! makepoint.gif

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Completing runs is a horrible disease! I need help!!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

J-i-i-i-m-m-m, the cry of orphaned Sgt Furys pierces the middle of the night! Reunite them with their family! J-i-i-i-m-m-m...

I always seem to see at least 1 Sgt Fury 1 on eBay at a time. Right now there are two. I think if you have a spare $300 and want a copy you can thumb through, there are plenty to be had. I don't often see high grade copies though. The Curator from Pedigree's Vault is the only one I've seen quite like it.

I have always had a love/hate approach to Ayers art.......but I end up giving the guy credit for doing some incredibly detailed work and making his style the signature Sgt. Fury style. His figure drawing is always just a tad stiff, but for dynamism and pure energy, he's kind of like a poor man's Jack Kirby. At this point, down the time stream, his covers are very evocative of the sixties, and I love them. I also consider him my favorite Kirby inker, right after Sinnott.

Red