• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Ghost Rider #1

9 posts in this topic

Okay, so here's a book that has been bothering me for more than two decades. With your help, maybe I can finally figure out a grade for this one.

First, I know the bottom of the scan is cut a little too close. Let's just say I hate my scanner and don't have the energy to fight with it any more. But there aren't any notable issues missing due to the close crop.

Some notes: PQ is Off-white. There is a non-colorbreaking bend that runs along Ghost Rider's right arm that isn't visible in the scan and could be pressed out.

The main problem that I don't know how to grade, of course, are the three small holes above the logo where it says "supernatural superhero." These are only through the cover, they do not affect the interior pages. I have no idea how they got there. The cover has great gloss and color and looks very nice in hand except for those damn holes (and that pressable bend).

Help me finally put my mind at ease on this one!

SCAN0223.jpg

SCAN0224.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. How much do you feel the holes affect the grade?

Are they staple holes? I apologize,6.5 without the holes 5.0/5.5 with.

Okay, thanks. I have no idea where the holes came from. They do kind of look like staple holes, if someone was just screwing around and decided to put a staple through the front cover for no reason and then removed the staple. Which is certainly possible. But I don't really know what caused them.