• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby DPS

57 posts in this topic

BTW, for some reason, when viewing the bidders on the iPhone/Safari combo, it shows the same date and time for all bids.

Another glitch, I think.

It shows the correct dates and times when viewed on a non-mobile system and browser... but doesn't show the bidder IDs.

Cap, 2001, Black Panther, Devil Dinosaur, you forgot Eternals & Machine Man: I'd call that a ton of remarkable work in about a 4 year span. I think most of those books have one dps.

Its still only say 75 books or so, four year period or not, so youre looking at probably fewer than 100 dps in his marvel canon. Thats not a lot by kirbys standards and youll forgive me but most of them are for relatively weak titles ( cap obviously excepted).

HOW DARE YOU SIR

The Kirby Ghost Rider #23 cover sold for just $7,600 and the Kirby Black Panther #12 cover went Reserve Not Met (offered at $11,000) in tonight's ComicLink auction. While outstanding '70s-era Kirby DPS's like Glen's and Dan's I could see fetching very healthy amounts, I think the value of a lot of others are lower than what many here seem to think.

The Kirby Ghost Rider #23 cover sold for just $7,600 and the Kirby Black Panther #12 cover went Reserve Not Met (offered at $11,000) in tonight's ComicLink auction. While outstanding '70s-era Kirby DPS's like Glen's and Dan's I could see fetching very healthy amounts, I think the value of a lot of others are lower than what many here seem to think.

Absolutely agree. There are a number of the spreads that are more like the quality of those pieces, though I think the majority are stronger.

:bump:

Since I started this thread last year I have fulfilled my dream of actually owning one of these suckers:

http://cafurl.com?i=19903

:cloud9:

which made me so happy that I wrote a short essay comparing the design and content of two other ones (Boy's Ranch 3 vs. Mister Miracle 8), which you can read here if you are interested:

www.aaronnoble.net/wordpress/

:)

Not exactly the same topic, but closely related.

Have you guys seen this site. It features every Jack Kirby DPS ever (or it will eventually).

It seems pretty complete on the '70s, but nothing earlier and also none of the Captain Victory spreads.